Cisco 1229351 - Customer Support Engineer in Rancho Cordova, California
1229351 - Customer Support Engineer
Location: Rancho Cordova, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Network
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1229351
Who You'll Work With
Technical Services is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding business outcomes for our customers and partners including industry recognition and high level of employee engagement. The Cloud Support Organization within Technical Services continue to drive industry-leading Cisco solutions and assist our customers migrating to software, cloud and XaaS.
The Cloud Services team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions and cloud enabled end point products on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams along with collaborating with other TAC engineers to resolve issues.
Role & Responsibilities
· Support Cloud and Hybrid Products: Cisco WebEx, Jabber IM (Cloud), CMR Cloud and Hybrid, Spark Services (Call, Message, Meet), hybrid services and along with phone and conferencing end points connected to the cloud.
· Provide highest-level technical support to help resolve complex customer problems from on-prem to Cisco Cloud.
· Engage with the Engineering Business Unit to influence the quality and serviceability of the products you support.
· Ensure that technical documentation (not included in the product documentation) that is needed by customers to effectively troubleshoot the product/solution is created and available for use.
· Innovate – Identify and work with BU to enhance tools, script automation, or other activities that will enable the TAC engineer to work more efficiently and speed accelerate issue identification and resolution.
· Coach and mentor others to help them advance in their career.
· Participate in delivering and exceeding customer service level commitments.
Who You Are
· Typically requires BS in a technical field or equivalent plus 2 to 5 years related experience.
· At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in support of Cisco Unified Communications or Business Video Solutions.
· Understanding of WebEx - Cloud application services, or Software as a Service (SaaS).
· Good understanding of call control protocols
· Hands On Experience - Log Analysis (SIP/PRT/Wireshark/Http log/Fiddler)
· Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
· CCNP, CCIE Collaboration highly desired
· Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting SaaS solutions, enterprise applications, solutions and/or collaboration infrastructures is required. “Real time” service support environment experience is highly desired.
Skilled understanding of:
o Networking – Routing Switching (TCP/QoS)
o Microsoft Solutions (Exchange, Active Directory, LDAP)
o Microsoft (IIS, SQL), VMWare, Linux, SSL Certs
o Strong working knowledge and support experience of Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android OS.
o Telepresence (VCS Expressway, VCS controller, TMS, Conferencing, TPS)
o Protocols (SIP, RTP, DTMF, SAML, SMTP)
o Web Proxy
o Web API
· Ability to provide leadership across entire collaboration solution to lead a technical team to find and resolve customer issues
· Lead by example, mentor, and train others
· Ability to work with Engineering architects to influence serviceability and usability design
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.