Cisco 1227257 - Manager, Technical Services HTTS Routing and Switching in Richardson, Texas
1227257 - Manager, Technical Services HTTS Routing and Switching
Location: Richardson, Texas, US
Additional Location(s) RTP
Area of Interest Administrative and Business Support
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1227257
What You’ll Do
Do you have what it takes? The Technical Services (TS) Organization at Cisco is a team of world-class technical experts whose primary focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Cisco's High Touch Technical Support (HTTS) is aligned to three geographic regions; together, they form one global, TS Premium Support organization.
Who You’ll Work With
TAC Engineers are the first to be confronted by challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field. Revered by many as the “best networking school” in the world, we have a technology runway that never ends. The breadth and diversity of technology exposure is second to none; and comes with the territory when you're keeping the world’s networks humming! The cream of the crop in our TAC are our High Touch Technical Support (HTTS) Engineers.
Who You Are
Cisco TS is seeking an HTTS Support Manager to lead a team of customer engineers responsible for providing technical support to Cisco’s core routing and switching network technologies for TS Advantage customers. The position will report to a TS Director and generally responsible for a team of 15 to 20 people. Must be able to manage for results (team workload management, team training and development, overall team customer service metrics); handle critical customer escalations and drive issues to resolution; and assume ownership of the total customer support experience. Some travel may be required.
Role & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates excellent leadership skills and experience in leading a local and remote team in applying all elements of Technical Support.
• Demonstrates the ability to influence using applied knowledge and excellent people management skills.
• Has the ability to build and develop a high-performance engineering team by articulating an overall vision, strategy, and organization goals and driving the team to meet or exceed performance goals and metrics.
• Provides management guidance to develop and coach employees on accomplishing goals and improving performance.
• Acts and operates Globally
• Displays excellent communication skills - presentation, verbal and written.
• Be a Customer Advocate and maybe a designated POC for select customers
• Possesses the outstanding ability to work both cross-functionally and globally (AS/TAC/BU/customers) to help build business partnerships while maintaining focus on the customer.
• Works with limited supervision in defining initial goals and addressing complex issues as they arise.
• Must be able to function autonomously, quickly ascertain the issues at hand, and quickly drive issues to resolution.
• Understands and drives the team to solve complex network level technical problems. Understands the inter-company dependencies and develops action plans to address problems.
• Consistently develop the workforce around you through providing growth opportunities through collaboration, innovation, and empowerment.
• Continued focus on Reward and Recognition
• Aligns and Influences Company and Org Goals
• Supervises the activities of a national dynamic team with responsibility for results in terms of customer satisfaction and delivery assurance. In addition, successful candidate will:
● Recruit and Hire the best in breed talent
● Lead, promote and engage in cross functional collaborations across Product and Service teams and throughout Cisco.
● Identify, develop and share operational customer best practices in efforts to continue evolving and elevating the organization.
● Typically requires education (BA, BS, BSCS or BSEE) or equivalent plus 8-10 years-related experience
● Experience in customer support, knowledge of inter-networking technologies and the competitive Enterprise marketplace
● Lead high performing teams to deliver integrated client solutions that achieve measurable business results for our clients.
● 3- 5 years’ experience in people management, 10 years + industry experience
● Proven business and technical expertise and extensive customer service engineering experience
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.