Cisco 1228547 - Customer Support Engineer - Cloud Collaboration in Richardson, Texas
1228547 - Customer Support Engineer - Cloud Collaboration
Location: Richardson, Texas, US
Additional Location(s) RTP
Area of Interest Technical Support
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1228547
The Business Entity
Technical Services is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding business outcomes for our customers and partners including industry recognition and high level of employee engagement. The Cloud Support Organization within Technical Services continue to drive industry-leading Cisco solutions and assist our customers migrating to software, cloud and XaaS.
The Cloud Services team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions and cloud enabled end point products on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams along with collaborating with other TAC engineers to resolve issues.
Role & Responsibilities
· Support Cloud and Hybrid Products: Cisco WebEx, Jabber IM (Cloud), CMR Cloud / Hybrid, Spark Services (Call, Message, Meet), CWMS, hybrid services and along with phone and conferencing end points connected to the cloud.
· Provide highest-level technical support to help resolve complex customer problems from on-prem to Cisco Cloud.
· Engage with the Engineering Business Unit to influence the quality and serviceability of the products you support.
· Ensure that technical documentation (not included in the product documentation) that is needed by customers to effectively troubleshoot the product/solution is created and available for use.
· Innovate – Identify and work with BU to enhance tools, script automation, or other activities that will enable the TAC engineer to work more efficiently and speed accelerate issue identification and resolution.
· Coach and mentor others to help them advance in their career.
· Participate in delivering and exceeding customer service level commitments.
· Typically requires BS in a technical field or equivalent plus 2 to 5 years related experience.
· At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in support of Cisco Unified Communications or Business Video Solutions.
· Understanding of WebEx - Cloud application services, or Software as a Service (SaaS).
· Good understanding of call control protocols
· Hands On Experience - Log Analysis (SIP/PRT/Wireshark/Http log/Fiddler)
· Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
· CCNP, CCIE Collaboration highly desired
· Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting SaaS solutions, enterprise applications, solutions and/or collaboration infrastructures is required. “Real time” service support environment experience is highly desired.
Skilled understanding of:
o Networking – Routing Switching (TCP/QoS)
o Microsoft Solutions (Exchange, Active Directory, LDAP)
o Microsoft (IIS, SQL), VMWare, Linux, SSL Certs
o Strong working knowledge and support experience of Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android OS.
o Telepresence (VCS Expressway, VCS controller, TMS, Conferencing, TPS)
o Protocols (SIP, RTP, DTMF, SAML, SMTP)
o Web Proxy
o Web API
· Ability to provide leadership across entire collaboration solution to lead a technical team to find and resolve customer issues
· Lead by example, mentor, and train others
· Ability to work with Engineering architects to influence serviceability and usability design
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.