Cisco 1228954 - Customer Support Engineer, HTTS Enterprise Routing in Richardson, Texas
1228954 - Customer Support Engineer, HTTS Enterprise Routing
Location: Richardson, Texas, US
Additional Location(s) Mexico City
Area of Interest Engineer - Network
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1228954
What You'll do
Cisco's Technical Services is team of elite technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. The Cisco TAC provides live technical support through multiple channels, whenever and wherever you need it. Technical Services ensures product & network operate efficiently and benefit from the most up to date system and application software.
Who You'll Work With
The TAC Routing protocol team works on complex, challenging issues with some of Cisco's top customers. It's a great opportunity to master the latest technology and products, while working with a technically diverse and supportive team. Grow your skills in a dynamic , team oriented environment and join some of the industry's brightest minds in deploying and supporting today's most advanced Internet technologies.
Who You Are
• You will provide 2nd/3rd level technical support for Routing Protocol technologies
• Apply your analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate-high complexity.
• You're happy to provide technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
• You can act as focal point for large account network problem resolution.
• You effectively utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
• You will submit complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise.
• Interacts across TAC teams and development teams at peer level.
• CCNP or Written-CCIE certification is a requirement or combo of certification and work experience.
• Routing/Switching guru - You have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills across Cisco platforms.
• You should have at least 4-5 years of Networking industry experience and knowledge, products and protocols
• Proficiency in the following technologies: TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, Multicast, MPLS
• You're able to resolve problems, figure out root cause, and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Typically requires Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent plus 4-5 years related experience.
• MBA/Masters preferred.
• CCIE Certification
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.