Cisco 1229407 Sales Business Development Manager in RTP, North Carolina
1229407 Sales Business Development Manager
Location: RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s) New York City, Philadelphia, PA, Chicago, IL, Charlotte, NC, or Columbus, OH
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Job Id 1229407
Who You'll Work With
The Sales Business Development Manager (SBDM) for Financial Services will report to and work closely with the Financial Services Industry Leader. They will also work with a broad cross-functional group across Cisco, including industry architects, marketing, engineering teams, and direct account teams. They will help account teams bring Financial Services solutions to new customer buying centers and to partners, position Cisco as a leader in Financial Services, and increase revenue for Cisco in the Financial Services sector.
Who You Are
Key Attributes of the role include:
· Business credibility to create trusted Subject Matter Expert(SME) relationships with customer line of business (LOB) decision makers
· Industry expertise in key focused verticals (Retail Banking, PC&L Insurance, Wealth Management)
· The SBDM function is responsible for validating and enabling the acceleration of our Industry solutions GTM enablement with Account teams and partners.
· Unique role in which direct interaction with customers are required on strategic engagements lead by account teams
· 10-15 years combined in industry and technology in both IT and business roles
· BA/BS degree or equivalent, 5+ years of experience in sales/marketing and/or project management/ delivery specific to Financial Services Digital Technologies
· Must be able to travel
Superb communication and presentation skills, experience working with multi-functional teams.
A high degree of creative ability and curiosity, analytical thinking, and general eye for business
Must be able to operate in a dynamic, high stress environment and handle ambiguity
Consultative selling background and project management experience a plus.
Why this role?
· Customer Digital agendas are driving a paradigm shift, creating substantial new market and sales opportunities focused on line of business (LOB) relevance and business outcomes. Cisco is seizing this market transition and leveraging our leadership across the architectures, building the bridge between IT and the LOB buyer. As Cisco evolves from a Hardware-centric to a SW solution-focused company, we are delivering new solutions for capturing this new business.
· These validated solutions are purpose-built, based on actual use cases, and bring together hardware, software, services, and Cisco partner technologies.
· Cisco and our industry-leading partners are delivering solutions that drive success in Financial Services firms. Leveraging Cisco’s foundational architectures, Cisco is enabling solutions that are driving our customers’ digital agendas.
· New partnering models are fundamental to Cisco's success. The solutions sales help to create multi-partner strategies that help Cisco enter and scale new markets while leveraging the company's unique intellectual property. New partner maps and relationships are critical to address new buying centers and market opportunities.
What You'll Do
The SBDM function is responsible for taking our industry solutions to market for Cisco.
· This GTM role is both Customer Led and Partner Led. Need to train Account teams and partners to sell the Solution in order to scale the business.
· Spends time with customer/account team; representing the LoB industry plays. Mainly interacts with Acct teams, LoB buyers
· Drive account engagement with relevant ecosystem/GTM partners for each Industry Play (where we have joint solution and joint GTM strategy)
· Account teams own the customer relationship; SBDM supports LOB engagements and industry GTM strategy
· Approximately 50% of time with Customer/Account team engagement, 30% solution structure and execution, 20% sales enablement/training
· Industry plays should strongly influence the customer’s decision to buy
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.