Cisco 1230955-Security Consulting Engineer in RTP, North Carolina
1230955-Security Consulting Engineer
Location: RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of Interest Professional Services
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1230955
What You’ll Do
The Security Network Consulting Engineer is responsible for the development, creation and delivery of Advanced Services support to enterprise customers in the Midwest and Atlantic. This highly impactful role drives and performs architectural, design, implementation, and ongoing optimization engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. NCEs work with customers to identify and document their business requirements and map them to technical solutions, enabling mutual success with the design and deployment of best-in-class solutions.
· Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies
· Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks; Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity
· Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems; analysis of highly complex network designs
· Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
· Communicates and explains key concepts and deliverables to the customer’s technical and non-technical staff
Who You’ll Work With
The Security CoE brings together experts in the latest developments in network, application, and host security and other security domains. You’ll work alongside these experts, as well as with experts in routing & switching, collaboration technologies, cloud, and virtualization technologies. This broad team expands our professional services capabilities in supporting the unified infrastructure, and helps secure the platforms that enable customers to adopt cutting-edge technologies that help them achieve their business objectives.
Who You Are
· Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in the information and network security industry in addition to a BS in science, engineering, or mathematics (or additional 2 years of experience).
· Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting network security for enterprise customers (preferably within a datacenter environment)
· Extensive experience in security configuration of network and security devices in a large enterprise environment (routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems)
· Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco’s Identity Services Engine (ISE), as well as one (1) or more of the following Cisco security technologies: IPS/SourceFire, ASA, CSM, ACS, VPN, FTD, ACI, Trustec, Stealthwatch. The emphasis is on ISE or NGFW.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills as the candidate will be responsible for communication and explanation of key deliverables to the customer.
· Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc.), MPLS L2/L3 VPNs, Multicast and other related technologies.
· Cisco Certifications (CCIE Written at a minimum)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.