Cisco Administrative Assistant - Workplace Resources in RTP, North Carolina
Administrative Assistant - Workplace Resources
Location: RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of Interest Administrative and Business Support
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1230966
What You'll Do
In this role, you will provide support for calendaring, travel, expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects, as needed. To perform these tasks effectively, you will be expected to become familiar with the products, people, and organizational dynamics within Cisco's Workplace Resources Organization. You will be expected to understand how to handle, with a great degree of independence, incoming asks for time, meetings, resources and other needs from the Director. In addition to supporting this Director, you will also provide support to two other Directors on the team. You will be responsible for determining when to refer matters to others, and to whom they should be referred. You will be responsible for following up to ensure proper disposition, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. You will become a core member of the Director’s team, attending his monthly staff meetings and quarterly all team meetings.
● Calendar Management: Manages Director’s calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principal’s calendar, which meetings are attended, and who can attend in his place.
● Meeting Planning and Organizations: Assists Director in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology (WebEx, TP) based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post-meeting action item lists.
● Correspondence/Approvals: Supports Director by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure proper disposition.
● Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for the principal. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses.
● Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist Executive on special projects. Researches issues, analyze problems, compiles data, and prepares reports.
In addition to the general administrative duties of an Administrative Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. This includes researching issues, analyzing problems, determining approaches, compiling data and preparing reports. Due to the frequent engagement of the Director of Cisco as a whole, this individual will interface with and coordinate activities with other EA's and executives in Cisco. Work is generally of a critical and confidential nature.
Who You'll Work With
Your role in Workplace Resources will be working with members of the Americas Field Delivery team, Global Delivery Operations (GDO), and the Global Workplace Innovation Group (WINN). You will collaborate with regional teams in all theatres.
Who You Are
● 4+ years’ experience in an administrative environment. A minimum of two years of experience supporting a principal who was at the Director level and above preferred.
● Must be able to work in RTP office.
● Great attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information is a must.
● Advanced knowledge of Mac/Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
● Past work experience in the high-tech industry is desired; prior Cisco experience preferred.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
● Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork.
● Champions improvements. Solves problems and makes decisions. Demonstrates leadership.
● Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Very detail-oriented. Proactive by nature.
● Advanced desktop calendar management program experience.
● AA Degree desirable.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.