Cisco Lead Knowledge Strategist in RTP, North Carolina
Lead Knowledge Strategist
Location: RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s) Bedfont Lakes, UK; Boston, MA; San Jose, CA; Amsterdam, Netherlands, and all other major Cisco sites.
Area of Interest Business Strategy and Operations
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking
Job Id 1240370
Knowledge Strategist Roles and Responsibilities
The Knowledge Strategist plays a vital role in leading knowledge and automation projects inside of Cisco Global Virtual Engineering. The position requires both good communication and technical skills combined with some marketing knowledge. Key responsibilities include:
Define the overall GVE knowledge strategy including tools and processes used as well as success metrics and team responsibilities.
Manage and lead the knowledge teams, define their incentives and goals and give feedback on their work. Help in hiring new resources and defining new job roles whenever needed.
· Work with stakeholders in and outside the GVE organization to make sure GVE’s knowledge strategy is in synch with Cisco’s knowledge strategy and all processes of GVE are aligned and in synch with global Cisco processes.
· Work with Cisco IT to make sure the tools used in GVE are integrated in the relevant Cisco tools, especially the Cisco Answers Machine (CAM) architecture.
· Define possible knowledge extensions with GVE’s internal software engineering resources to build extensions for the current knowledge architecture. (GVE Chrome plugin / skills based routing tool / Synapse project).
· Work with external stakeholders (Upland Qvidian / Salesforce.com) to make sure to stay up to date with their products, to adopt new software features in the workflows and to influence product management to include features required by Cisco.
· Work with the different GVE practices to make sure the GVE learning platform (GVE academy) fulfills all their needs and define the processes to keep the content there up to date.
· Co-lead Work GVE Innovation Strategy (Innovus) and help with execution for different stakeholders in GVE leadership teams.
· Work with different stakeholders in leadership on the GVE Request for Proposal Service (RFP service) strategy to optimize the processes and service efficiency in general.
· Ensure that all resources in GVE are trained on the knowledge tools and make sure to organize regular trainings so it stays that way.
· Increase the use of general knowledge tools used in GVE but available for field and/or partners like the Cisco RFP tool by coordinating marketing initiatives and trainings.
· Participate in general GVE marketing initiatives targeting to increase the use of the GVE services.
· Define and optimize the new RFP buying guide creation service working together with the stakeholders in Germany and beyond that may be willing to fund this particular service and others.
· Secure budget for strategic GVE initiatives from external stakeholders by demoing the services and tools and showcasing ROI.
· Help in building regular business reviews and defining key metrics to gauge the success of the different knowledge projects, the performance of the team and the general ROI of the projects.
· Monitor and implement constructive feedback from GVE VSEs, management, leadership and the field and partner users for all of our knowledge tools.
· Implement a working support structure for all of GVE’s knowledge tools.
· Work with Cisco Infosec on making sure the Knowledge tools are complying with Cisco’s security standards.
Key skills include:
· Good general knowledge of Cisco product portfolio.
· Written and verbal communication proficiency.
· Knowledge about RFP/RFI processes.
· Understanding of different industry verticals.
· Working and complying with deadlines.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· 2 to 5 years of experience in IT program management.
· Project management skills.
· Basic technical knowledge about web development, databases (SQL, ORACLE) and virtualization.
· Experience navigating and working with internal and external stakeholders in a big corporation
· Good data analytics skills.
· Good presentation skills (including PowerPoint, etc.
Following skills are a plus:
· Experience in handling requests for proposals (RfP’s).
· Experience in managing a team.
· Marketing Experience.
· Experience in knowledge/content management.
· Basic knowledge about software product management processes.
· Proposal automation knowledge including Qvidian or other equivalent tools
· Cisco Technology knowledge and/or Cisco certifications (CCNA) in a Cisco technology area.
· Experience working with Salesforce.com (SFDC).
· Certifications in project management (PMP, ITIL, etc.)
· Active knowledge of MySQL.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.