Cisco POV Services Engineer 1231278 in RTP, North Carolina
POV Services Engineer 1231278
Location: RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s) San Jose, CA
Area of Interest Sales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Wireless, Mobility
Job Id 1231278
Organization Marketing Statement
The POV Services Team (dCloud,CPOC, CXC, etc) provides services, tools and content for Cisco field sales and channel partners, enabling them to showcase Cisco solutions and technologies to customers.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for the development, delivery, and support of a wide range of Enterprise Networking content and services for Cisco Internal and Partner audiences.
Content Roadmap, Design and Project Management 25%
· Document and scope all projects prior to entering project build phase.
· Work with platform/automation teams to review applicable content to be hosted on Cisco dCloud.
· Specify and document virtual and hardware components, resources, etc required for content delivery.
· Identify and prioritize all project-related tasks.
· Work with Project Manager to develop a timeline with high expectations to meet project deadlines.
· Successfully collaborate and work with a globally-dispersed team using collaboration tools, such as email, instant messaging (Cisco Jabber/Spark), and teleconferencing (WebEx and/or TelePresense).
Content Engineering and Documentation 30%
· Document device connectivity requirements of all components (virtual and hardware) and build as part of pre-work.
· Work with the Netops team to rack, cabling, imaging, and access required for the content project.
· As part of the development cycle, the developer must work collaboratively with the business unit technical marketing engineers (TME) and WW EN Sales engineers to configure solution components, including Cisco routers, switches, wireless LAN controllers (WLC), SD-Access, DNA Center, Meraki, SD-WAN (Viptela), etc.
· Work with BU, WW EN Sales and marketing resources to draft, test and troubleshoot compelling demo/lab/story guides that provide value to the field sales teams and generate high interest and utilization.
· Work with POV Services Technical Writer to format/edit/publish content and related documents per POV Services standards.
· Work as the liaison to the operations and support teams to resolve issues identified during the development and testing process, providing technical support and making design recommendations for fixes.
· Perform resource studies using VMware vCenter to ensure an optimal balance of content performance, efficiency and stability before promoting/publishing production content.
Content Delivery 25%
· SD-Access POV, SD-WAN POV – Presentations, Webex and Video recordings, TOI, SE Certification Proctor, etc.
· Customer engagement at customer location, Cisco office, remote delivering proof of value.
· Customer engagement at Cisco office delivering Test Drive content.
· Deliver training, TOI, and presentations at events (Cisco Live, GSX, SEVT, Partner VT, etc).
· Work with the POV Services owners, architects, and business development team to market, train, and increase global awareness of new/revised content releases.
Support and Other 20%
· Provide transfer of information and technical support to Level 1 & 2 support engineers, program managers and others ensuring that content is understood and in working order.
· Test and replicate issues, isolate the root cause, and provide quick workarounds and/or short/long term fixes.
· Monitor any support trends for assigned content. Track and log escalations effectively using Jira.
· Provide Level 3 user support directly/indirectly to Cisco and Partner sales engineers.
· Support and mentor peer and junior engineers as required.
· Candidate must be well versed in the use of standard design templates and tools (Microsoft Office including Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
· Ability to multitask between multiple projects, user support, training, events, etc. and shifting priorities.
· Demonstrated, in-depth working knowledge/certification of routing, switching and WLAN design, configuration and deployment. Cisco Certifications including CCNA, CCNP and or CCIE (CCIE preferred).
· Associate or professional knowledge/experience with Cisco Security including Cisco ISE, Stealthwatch, ASA, Firepower, AMP, etc.
· Ability to travel to Cisco internal, partner and customer events, roadshows, etc. to train and raise awareness to drive POV Services adoption and sales. Up to 40% travel.
· VMWare/ESXi experience building servers, install VMware, deploying virtual appliances, etc.
· Linux experience or certifications including CompTIA Linux+, Red Hat, etc.
· Experience using Tool Command Language (Tcl), PERL, Python, etc.
· Experience using Cisco and 3 rd party traffic, event and device generation applications/tools/hardware. IXIA, Sapro, Pagent, etc.
· Experience using Cisco and 3 rd party management/monitoring/troubleshooting solutions
o Cisco: DNA Center, Cisco Prime, Meraki, Viptela, CMX.
o 3 rd party solutions: Solarwinds, Zenoss, Splunk, LiveAction or other to monitor and/or manage an enterprise network.
o Experience using Wireshark and PCAP files.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.