Cisco Technical Marketing Engineer in RTP, North Carolina
Technical Marketing Engineer
Location: RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1224346
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Enterprise Networking Group defines and delivers market-leading campus solutions to enable transformational customer outcomes.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to evangelize and increase customer adoption of switching, wireless, and intent based networking technologies to meet aggressive business targets. We are seeking a motivated, detail oriented & committed engineer that will rise to the challenge to design, build & conduct proof-of-concept tests to help the Cisco Account Team win. Often times you will work independently in customer engagements for Proof of Concept (POC) and Early Field Trials (EFT) of the latest technologies. You should be curious and eager to learn about new products, technologies, and solutions to provide valuable input and communication to the engineering and Product Management organization.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
Customer Proof of Concepts in networking labs and testing environments
Understanding of technical and systems views of networking deployments
User Interface Design Input
Technical consultant on customer sales calls.
Work closely with the field, key Systems Integrators, Engineering, and Cisco Technology Partners in an Agile environment
Working with orchestration technologies using DevOps such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Containers, Pythong, scripting
Working with automation or cloud software to enable next generation network design and network architectures
Developing automated methods to manage the network and optimize our customer's user experience
Developing messaging about key customer challenges and benefits of Cisco's solutions based on use cases
Create Documents and Presentations with technical details for the products and technologies
Travel and Deliver training to customers, partners, sales teams both domestically and internationally.
Who You Are
● B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
● In-depth understanding of networking technologies and networking is mandatory. Cisco Catalyst Switching, IOS, Aironet AP and controller Wireless experience. CCIE or other Cisco certification is desired.
● Must be able to demonstrate confidence in architecture, engineering, operations, and security discussions
● Proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate strategies for effective solutions.
● Knowledge of optimizing network virtualization, multi-tenant infrastructure, Software-Defined Access, VxLAN, LISP, TrustSec technologies.
● DevOps Programming and scripting experience in Python and Linux
● Domestic / International Travel required 50%
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.