Cisco 1232790 - Account Manager - Global Service Provider in San Antonio, Texas
1232790 - Account Manager - Global Service Provider
Location: San Antonio, Texas, US
Additional Location(s) Dallas, TX; Austin, TX
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Service Provider
Job Id 1232790
What You'll Do
We have an exciting Account Manager role open on our team with your primary customer being one of the world’s leading Managed cloud companies in San Antonio, TX! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional looking to work with a large customer to help them bring new offerings and services to market. As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, and create the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out the details:
· You will be an aggressive self-starter, able to work independently to develop and build mid-level and executive relationships, articulate Cisco product and business strategies, and create the demand for Cisco solutions.
· You will have the ability to deliver CXO-level business value and skills to build strong and enduring customer relationships with primary decision makers and influencers.
· You will be able to design, develop, and implement a coherent plan for accelerating the joint development of products and solutions with your customer(s) from initiation to product launch.
· You will engage in discussions with customer product development teams to understand requirements and challenges.
· You will be able to research and evaluate market attractiveness, competitive landscape, and monetization models.
· You will orchestrate large extended teams, including product management, marketing, engineering, sales, channels, finance and legal teams to meet customer needs.
Who You'll Work With
As part of the Global Service Provider (GSP) organization, you will have a unique opportunity to lead an impactful sales team and drive adaptation of some of the most innovative technology in the world - Next Generation IP Networks, Compute, Security, Cloud and Virtualization! In this role, you will collaborate with across pre-sales engineering, product/solution specialists and product management teams. You will have direct customer contact and will use your strong sales skills and technical knowledge to create presentations, lead customer discussions, and pull resources from across Cisco to advance the sales process and close business.
Who You Are
You have experience managing large and demanding accounts. You have technical sales experience with NGN products, an understanding of Cisco’s strategy and an understanding of industry efforts in SDN, NFV, Automation/Orchestration and Open Source technologies. You are comfortable managing Director, VP and CXO relationships and the ability to influence cross-functional teams to solve business challenges. You are able to think outside of the box to overcome objections. You are creative and self-motivated.
· BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years successful quota carrying sales experience managing a large strategic account while building and developing sales relationships with decision makers.
· Previous experience with Service Provider is preferred.
· Comfort managing VP and CXO level relationships with ability to work down in the organization as needed.
· Self-motivation, creativity and a determination to reach goals and objectives with limited management intervention is critical to success.
· Strong communication skills with a variety of influence styles to interact and manage cross-functional teams to solve customer business challenges and drive results.
· Be able to think outside the box to overcome political or technical objections and have a commanding executive presence and strong interpersonal skills to establish key relationships with the right executive decision makers.
· Demonstrated knowledge of a process for running a sales territory, including forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short term, mid-term and long term opportunity management
· Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple levels of the organizations (sales engineers, technical leaders, product specialists, partners, etc.)
· Must work well in teams, understand Cisco's engagement model and be able to create a win-win environment for key technology partners.
· Passion for driving strategies; a strong personality with demonstrated leadership skills working in a complex matrix organization; a strong presence and credibility established with the client base and internally.
· Ability to travel required.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.