Cisco Senior Manager, Security Engineering in San Francisco, California
Senior Manager, Security Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California, US
Additional Location(s) San Jose, Ca
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1237170
As part of the Security Business Group, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering organization, you will be responsible for driving the Security Engineering strategy and day to day activities across the infrastructure organization. It is very important to note that this is not your typical information security role. We build infrastructure as a service, platform as a service and operate as a business within Cisco, with internal and external customers. The scope covers a broad discipline that binds our overall security posture across the cloud infrastructure stack. By working in lock-step with engineering, our customers benefit by focusing on enabling them to securely innovate and protecting the business from existing and emerging threats.
We are looking for a talented individual to drive the following:
• Partner with leadership to develop the overall security strategy, policy and procedures
• Partner and integrate with broader Cisco security organizations to create a force multiplier
• Develop and drive the security management lifecycle, advise on business impact and provide practical risk based security services and solutions
• Identify a roadmap for security auditing and testing that meets the engineering/product/market need
• Work cross-functionally across engineering to drive educational awareness and training
• Develop, improve and monitor our security best practices; from ISO 27001 to SDLC
• Participate and represent security interests with PM, Compliance and Legal teams
• Previous management experience in customer led product engineering organizations
• Demonstrable experience of working at the executive leadership level
• Experience of driving security related change within a business
• Security related qualifications (CISSP, CEH, OCSP, Security+, CCSP)
• Experience of enhancing a cloud specific Secure Development Lifecycle
• Experience of security testing (penetration testing, vulnerability assessment)
• Demonstrated working knowledge and proficiency in networking, unix based operating systems, databases, protocols and the security technologies of each
• Strong and extensive experience working in an agile/lean engineering environment
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.