Cisco Senior Security Researcher - CloudSecurity in San Francisco, California
Senior Security Researcher - CloudSecurity
Location: San Francisco, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Big Data, Analytics, Security
Job Id 1226868
What You'll Do
You are interested in disrupting the status quo and in massive data sets, large customer bases and solving hard problems. You will help identify and classify potential threats and malicious activity using OpenDNS' extensive data store generated by the DNS requests of our 50m+ users to OpenDNS's 22 global data centers. year-over-year usage growth. You want to help protect your family, friends, colleagues, local coffee shop, financial institution, health care provider, alma mater, and other people or companies from malware, fraud, phishing attacks, and inappropriate content--this is the career you were born for.
Who You'll Work With
OpenDNS (now part of Cisco) is a leading provider of network security and DNS services, enabling the world to connect to the Internet with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime. We handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has proven reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers' devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain.
Who You Are
You are excited to use OpenDNS' vast data repository, in addition to tools and threat intelligence feeds provided by partners. You identify potential threats, patterns, and other malicious activity to protect our global customer base. You excel at creating new tools and statistical models to identify new security threats and constructing and prototype proof-of-concept classification models. You are proficient at building and testing experiments for new methods / algorithms for large-scale classification. You will represent OpenDNS/Cisco by contributing to security communities through papers, blogs, and presentations while identifying new technologies that should be incorporated into the research technology stack. Your intellectual curiosity brings you to the intersection of machine learning and security and you'll be creating research papers, blogs, and potentially speaking publicly on such topics.
Minimum qualifications for the role:
· MS/PhD in CS, Mathematics, Physics or BS with equivalent work experience and notable accomplishments.
· Solid practical experience developing with either Python, C/C++, or Java in a *nix environment.
· Solid practical experience working with algorithms and data structures (a big plus for high performance and large scale implementations).
· Experience using graph theory and machine learning algorithms on real world datasets.
· Passion for solving complex problems and taking initiative.
· A top performer working independently or with a team.
· Experience working with a MapReduce framework (Hadoop, Spark).
· Experience analyzing terabyte sized datasets using rigorous statistical methods and machine learning techniques such as classification and clustering.
· Experience or interest in cybersecurity and network protocols.
· Research record (papers, talks, etc) and public speaking.
· Familiarity with numpy/scipy stack
· github link to your best coding projects.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.