Cisco 1238569 - Operations Manager, Country Digital Acceleration, Americas in San Jose, California
1238569 - Operations Manager, Country Digital Acceleration, Americas
Location: San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s) Washington, DC
Area of Interest Project or Program Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
Job Id 1238569
The Country Digital Acceleration team harnessesthe power of Cisco to scale and speed the technological transformation of societies worldwide. With activities spread across 22 countries and two U.S. states, the program is a catalyst to achieve advances in economic development, entrepreneurship and innovation, research and education, and national infrastructure. In the process, it helps to grow Cisco’s business and fulfill Cisco’s corporate vision of changing the way we work, live, play and learn.
What You'll Do
The Americas Program Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient execution of CDA investment activities. The work of the CDA team is organized around identifying pivotal projects that can catalyze digital acceleration and then investing in activities that will help develop those projects. The Operations Manager develops and manages the internal systems necessary to enable the investments to be deployed smoothly. The Operations Manager will also function as a project or program manager on select key initiatives, scheduling tasks and coordinating resources around complex priorities. The Operations Manager will report directly to the CDA Americas leader and on a dotted line basis to the CDA global operations leader. The Operations Manager will coordinate closely with Sales, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Global Procurement Services, business entities and other Cisco teams essential to the success of the initiative.
• Must have experience managing one or all of the tools and processes Cisco uses to buy goods and services (including internal): iprocurement, cross charging, SFDC, CCW, DSW, discount policy, global procurement services, etc. Ensure compliance with Cisco rules and audit requirements. Coach other CDA colleagues on how to ensure procurement integrity.
· Work closely with Cisco internal resources, vendors, partners or subcontractors in order to develop scoping documents, place orders, develop proposals, etc.
· Track the utilization of CDA resources. Prepare regular financial reports on CDA financial performance, including both bookings and CDA investment expenditures. Ensure consistency with the CDA investment plan.
· Coordinate tasks to ensure operational excellence among individuals who may be in approval chains including BUs, Customer Success, Sales, Finance, Legal and others.
· Provide project and program management support to CDA programs.Anticipate problems and proactively develop potential solutions. Take ownership of certain tracks where needed.
· Plan and chair regular meetings, status update calls, and internal steering committee sessions with CDA program team, track leaders and projects stakeholders, as needed.
- ·A detailed understanding of the relevant systems in Cisco is essential.
iprocurement, cross charging, SFDC, CCW, DSW
· Experience in Project Management discipline.
Applies expert knowledge and understanding of all interdependencies between business processes
Ability to coordinate multiple related initiatives effectively
· Self-starter, problem solver, strong interpersonal and communications skills, passion for learning new things
· Experience in or around government, especially public sector procurement or contracting, is a plus.
· Excellent Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
· Strong experience in PowerPoint, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.