Cisco Cloud Commodity Manager 1233702 in San Jose, California
Cloud Commodity Manager 1233702
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Supply Chain
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1233702
What You'll Do
As a Sourcing Commodity Manager you will strategically source, manage, and monitor third party contracts for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Services (PaaS), and Software Services (SaaS) requirements.
You will manage supplier relationships with Cisco’s key third party cloud service providers and will source alternative solutions when a supplier is unable to meet required cost, quality, support and/or security requirements. You’ll also partner with cross functional teams to develop and implement Cisco’s transformational initiatives related to Cisco’s new business models and cloud operations
Key responsibilities will include:
· Conduct cloud supplier contract and cost analysis to develop a cloud AVL and drive targeted negotiations with preferred service providers.
· Responsible for the sourcing and qualification of third party cloud service providers and cloud management tools.
· Gain understanding of industry trends to make educated recommendations about pricing, competition, supplier optimization, and market compression.
· Responsible for management of third party service agreements: contract terms, negotiations, renewals, commitments, compliance, pricing/payment structures and cost productivity strategies.
· Manage strategic relationships with third party suppliers to understand contract terms, use cases rights and restrictions, and IP ownership to identify and mitigate complex costing and compliance issues.
· Establish standardized contract templates and KPIs for optimal supplier performance.
· Work closely with internal Cisco teams to ensure lifecycle management for all third party cloud service contracts across the enterprise
· Assists with the development of Cisco’s Cloud IaaS, PaaS, and PaaS operational policies, procedures and systems.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working cross-functionally with Cisco Product Operations, Global Procurement Services, TnQ, GP&F, Business Units, Finance, Legal, and IT.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an experienced Commodity Manager or IT Manager with deep experience in software and cloud services, understanding of the software development process, and insights into industry/technology trends.
Highly effective communicator able to collaborate with and influence senior leaders within Cisco and Suppliers and can work closely with cross-functional teams to achieve results.
You are skilled at translating business requirements into sourcing strategies and operational objectives, and capable of managing evolving internal processes to meet rapidly changing software and cloud environments.
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems; Master’s degree preferred
5+ years’ experience with Cloud, Compute, or Data Center Experience.
Familiarity with software or IT contracts
Working understanding of networking industry
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.