Cisco Director, Programs and Operations Lead in San Jose, California
Director, Programs and Operations Lead
Location: San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s) New York City, NY; Washington, DC
Area of Interest Human Resources
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1230348
Strategy Team: Programs and Operations Lead
What You'll Do
Cisco is looking for an experienced, capable, solutions-oriented Programs and Operations Lead to join the Corporate Affairs Strategy Team. You will proactively spearhead the development of cross-cutting strategies and plans; evaluating and managing the idea pipeline and ensuring an innovative opportunity stream for new CSR initiatives. You will be responsible for fielding new projects and concepts; scoping and creating the relevant business case; and creating the operations and process that will help incubate and launch pilots so those new programs will be successful. You will work with senior leadership inside and outside the company on large CSR projects, from local to global in geographic scope. You will partner with other functions within Corporate Affairs to help drive alignment, integration and synergy between Strategy Team initiatives and established CSR programs. Specifically you will:
· Manage and assess all incoming requests, in the form of widely diverse concepts, proposals, initiatives
· Execute on all aspects of the discovery and assessment phase for those new concepts; test, benchmark, make recommendations and provide the rationale for green light or decline
· Determine size, scope and resourcing needs to properly operationalize proposed projects and/or strategies
· Identify options for integration into Corporate Affairs CSR portfolio (in partnership with relevant business leads and/or Portfolio Managers)
· Prepare mature programs/initiatives for transfer to relevant Corporate Affairs programs team(s) and manage hand-off of such programs to those business units
· Partner with executive sponsor/new programs lead to drive early stage ideas through to full business case development
· Author business cases, point-of-view documents, reports and presentations containing actionable recommendations
· Manage other team members in support of Strategy Team mission
· Work with other CSR peers/ colleagues and senior leadership at other corporations on collaborative initiatives
· Engage and manage work-streams with external consulting firms as needed to inform and support Strategy Team mission and activities
· Lead and coordinate communications of specific Strategy Team initiatives to external stakeholders, in collaboration with Corporate Affairs Marketing Team
· Work with CSR associations (Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy, Conference Board, etc.) as needed on benchmarking and related research or best practice comparisons to inform Strategy Team recommendations
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you will be part of a highly empowered collaborative team who are passionate about our Corporate Social Responsibility vision: empowering global problem solvers to speed the pace of social change. We are a team of change agents with strong business analytical skills focused on opportunities to be a catalyst for improved social outcomes.
Who You Are
You are a seasoned, highly self-directed person who has demonstrated successful field experience and a personal real passion for social change. You are eager to tackle challenges and brainstorm groundbreaking ideas. You will support your team in building business cases, maintaining metrics, and socializing project ideas across the business.
Qualifications for this role:
· MBA, prefer 5+ years professional experience in Corporate Social Responsibility
· Has developed successful and sustainable social benefit and business critical programs
· Has developed business plans and business cases adopted by senior leadership
· Strategic thinking; talented at business modeling and planning
· Ability to synthesize and rationalize information, to make it easy to communicate to senior leadership and related stakeholders
· Ability to scope and document projects and plans
· Ability to rapidly convene and coalesce stakeholders to understand landscape and recommend actions
· Ability to Influence and develop persuasive arguments
· Outstanding communication skills (written, visual, oral) (detailed analysis and executive summary)
· Fast and self-directed learner
· Extremely organized and responsive (extremely high attention to detail)
· Ability to handle fluid and high pressure environments
· Creative problem solver
· Innovative thinker
· Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
· Ability to interact effectively at all leadership levels of the company, and outside the company
· Comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.