Cisco EMC/OTA Design Engineer in San Jose, California
EMC/OTA Design Engineer
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Hardware
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking, Service Provider
Job Id 1230666
As an EMC/OTA Design Engineer at Cisco Systems, you will be part of the HW Assurance Group’s EMC-Design team. This central team works with the various product development teams across Cisco from concept to product release phases.
· Collaborate closely with Business Unit (BU) hardware teams to design, test and qualify their products to be compliant with the EMC and/or Wireless (Cellular, Wi-Fi, Blue Tooth, etc.) regulatory requirements as well as any customer/carrier/Industry Standard requirements
· Work with various cross-functional disciplines (Signal Integrity, Mechanical, Thermal, Power, etc.) during the design and verification cycles
· Understand hardware design constraints and tradeoffs and find cost-effective solutions where feasible
· Understand conducted and OTA requirements as well as characterization setups for next generation wireless technologies
· Develop practical EMC and RF/OTA design guidelines for PCB, cable routing, enclosure/chassis, etc.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot EMC/OTA issues and provide design recommendations to hardware teams
· Solid understanding of Electromagnetic, RF, Microwave, Antenna and Circuit Theory
· Good understanding of Signal & Power Integrity concepts and High-Speed design principles
· Good understanding of EMC Regulatory requirements (FCC, CISPR, ICES, VCCI, etc.)
· Familiarity with Cellular Industry Standards (GCF, PTCRB, Wi-Fi alliance etc.) and specifications (TIS, TRP, etc.) is a plus
· Experience reviewing Schematics, PCB layout and Mechanical designs for EMC compliance
· Experience providing guidance to electrical and mechanical design teams and be able to perform EMC testing and troubleshooting
· Experience with at least one 3D EMC modeling and prediction tools like CST Microwave Studio, ANSYS HFSS and 2.5D tools like Cadence Sigrity PowerSI, etc.
· Familiarity with circuit/RF simulation with Advanced Design System (ADS) is a plus
· Experience with EMC/RF test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, LISN’s, network analyzers, EM probes, etc.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skill
· MS in Electrical Engineering
· 2+ years hands-on EMC Design and trouble-shooting experience (experience in OTA is a plus)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.