Cisco Executive Assistant – SVP, Global Manufacturing Operations in San Jose, California
Executive Assistant – SVP, Global Manufacturing Operations
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Administrative and Business Support
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1230250
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks an Executive Administrative Professional to provide support for the Senior Vice President of Global Manufacturing Operations, in San Jose, CA.
• Calendar Management: Managing SVP's calendar and daily schedule to include prioritizing conflicting meeting requests, tracking action items and commitments of executive and following-up to ensure completion. This will require exceptional organization skills, juggling multiple priorities and keeping a busy executive on track and on schedule.
• Event Speaking Engagement Coordination: Managing a running list of customer and external engagements, working closely with communications team to ensure appropriate content needs are understood and set in motion so the SVP is prepared for each engagement.
• Meeting Planning and organizations: Assisting SVP in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, accommodating technology requirements based on participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents, and possibly taking and disseminating notes and formulating post-meeting action item list in some cases.
• Travel and Expense Management: Arranging and managing extensive and intense international travel by the VP. This requires the development of real knowledge and perspective of many teams, cultures, factors. Works with extended teams to create complex travel arrangements, external meetings, etc. This work includes arranging all of the travel, including coordinated logistics, team events and meetings, and customer/team meetings.
• Correspondence/Approvals: Supports SVP by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals, as/when authorized. Answers general questions as necessary, refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties, and follows up to ensure proper disposition. Takes initiative to resolve problems within specified policies and guidelines. Provides mentorship to administrative community members on problem-solving, and team tasks/events. Helps determine when executive action is required, and supplying a recommendation where appropriate.
• Special Projects: Providing analytical support to assist executive on special projects. Researching issues, analyzing problems, compiling data and preparing information when/where asked and capable.
• Confidentiality: Candidate will always deal professionally with highly sensitive and confidential matters and materials….ability to build and demonstrate real trust with principle and across the community is critical
• Mentor new Executive Administrative Assistants and other administrators. Provides leadership to a dynamic and global EA network/community.
In addition to general administrative duties of an Executive Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. Specifically, the critical behaviors of this role are:
• To be self-motivated and proactive around the needs of the SVP and the Organization.
• To be able to work with limited direction, and willing to lead when necessary/appropriate to the team.
• To be able to operate successfully with ambiguity
• Ability to build trust, and exercise tact, and be an outstanding representative of the team in all situations
• Have a practical knowledge of the company policies, practices, and procedures, and be responsive to all levels of inquiry
• Challenge ‘the way we’ve always done it’ and provide a deeper more innovative way of doing things
• Have the ability to exercise critical and independent judgment when it comes to the SVP’s calendar and time
• To be organized and efficient with their own time, and be able to think creatively and calmly when it comes to quick and unplanned changes in schedule
• To earn administrative community respect and have the ability to work with and through others as needed
Who You'll Work With
Global Manufacturing Operations is a truly global team of professionals that lead the activities associated with manufacturing and logistics across Cisco. The global team is nearly 700 people in over 10 locations around the world. The expertise in the team is diverse: supply chain professionals, logistics, engineering, procurement, transformations, and planning. We are all connected, and committed to providing the very best hardware products for our customers globally. We are also the leaders in emerging country operational enablement and have a very large process, transformational team. We are part of Cisco’s operations team, and part of the perennially top 10 ranked global Supply Chain team around the world.
You will work with a diverse, global team, with a very good culture, and a very high degree of competence and commitment, and with outstanding values.
Who You Are
You have high-energy with a passion for thinking bigger and broader than the role itself. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, independent judgment, utmost professionalism and ability to balance both strategic and tactical actions.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
● EA or equivalent experience; 8+ years’ experience in an administrative environment. A minimum of 4 years working at the Executive level.
● Preferred: BA/BS or equivalent experience; past work experience in the high-tech industry.
● Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
● Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
● Ability to navigate web and email with high competency knowledge.
● Ability to multi-task.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
● Generally, receives no instruction on routine tasks and very little instruction on new projects.
● Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Detail oriented.
● Advanced desktop calendar management program experience.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCiscoesktop calendar management program experience.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.