Cisco Global Competitive Manager in San Jose, California
Global Competitive Manager
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1235707
Grade 12, (Game Changer) Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Director of Competitive Global Sales Scaling Engines in the Global Partner Organization. This leader is responsible for shaping and executing the competitive channel strategy called Game Changers. Game Changers is a Competitive Partner Program that focuses on helping and incenting partners to build a competitive practice across architectures. With the goal of driving;positive market share shift, increase partner mindshare and partner profitibility. This person will consult with; sales, GEO leads, business entities, field channel teams and other functional organizations regarding; strategic and tactical planning, management and execution of the Game Changer initiatives.
• Provide thought leadership into; WW Sales strategy, BE, GEOs and GPOs operations, planning and execution
• Guide architectural decisions on building and delivering competitive channel ready integrated solutions.
• Provide subject matter expertise on critical competitive channel architectural capabilities and lifecycle services.
• Develop and operationalize a competitive drum beat for competitive communications with Game Changer partners
• Drive war room access to GEO nominated partners. This person will need to work closely with the GEOs to identify and vette partners for access. In addition, align partners to ensure they are aware and have a plan on how to use the war room.
• Serve as a Senior presence to BE, WW Sales Leadership, and, GEO teams for key partner competitive discussions
• Execute on Game Changer Black Belt training model. Black Belt training provides a select group of partners access to confidential content. It will be critical to collaborate with Stef Eller’s team to ensure alignement with Black Belt GEO sales teams which his team leads
• Provide Amy Alfano Director of Competitive Intelligence regular reports on partners activities like utilization rates and Win/Loss reports
• EXECUTE EXECUTE EXECUTE
• Extensive Sales & Channel go-to-market knowledge across; DNA, EN, Security and collaboration
• Credible relationships with; WW Sales, BE-s, Partners, Field Sales
• Successful track record of results driving acceleration of Cisco's key programs & solutions
• Experience in designing, architecting, and implementing partner/sales acceleration plans
• Leadership mind set with the ability to set direction and guide others
• Ability to; organize, motivate and lead and influence virtual teams across the functional and business unit organizations of Cisco
• Constant, clear communication and facilitation of objectives, status, tactics and results to all stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills and executive presence
Bachelors’ degree required. MBA or Masters degree computer science is preferred. Field Sales experience a plus • 10+ years’ experience in managing operations, program management or strategy development • Experience working in large, complex organizations • Proven success, record of high performance and strong leadership skills
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.