Cisco Global Distribution Sales - Profitability Program Manager in San Jose, California
Global Distribution Sales - Profitability Program Manager
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Project or Program Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1230199
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Cisco's networking solutions are the foundation of the Internet and most corporate, education, and government networks around the world. Cisco provides the broadest line of solutions for transporting data, voice and video within buildings, across campuses, or around the world. Cisco controls almost two-thirds of the market for key Internet backbone products such as routers and switches. It also makes network access servers and management software.
Cisco continues to innovate to enable business outcomes for our Customers and Partners. The Distribution route to market is transforming in real time to support these new models and Cisco’s Global Distribution Sales team plays a critical role in shaping these strategies not only for Cisco but also for our Distributors globally.
The Global Distribution Sales team is looking for Program Management leadership to enable new business models both at Cisco and with Distributors while driving continuous improvement in existing capabilities. This person will be responsible for understanding the strategic direction of Distribution and identifying key business opportunities to leverage and benefit from leading industry standards, technologies, and practices.
· Work to develop strategic plans with targeted deliverables and capability roadmaps that enable both the immediate operational needs and the long-term priorities for Cisco’s Distribution route to market.
· Manage and influence across Cisco functional teams including Sales, Regional Distribution, Partner organizations, Finance, Global Business Services, Supply Chain, Marketing, Services, the Offer Monetization Office and others to ensure timely, quality implementation of key initiatives.
· Build effective relationships with Distributor’s business functions and process, system teams to understand current capabilities/processes, conduct feasibility studies, and influence investments to grow Sales, optimize efficiency and increase ease of doing business with Cisco.
· Quantify business case for a project through evaluation of customer requirements, process metrics, and impact analysis.
· Develop business requirements and documentation to drive new capabilities and support key governance steps in the project lifecycle. See a project through entire lifecycle from concept commit through post-production support.
· Create and drive change management strategies for new and existing capabilities that are credible to impacted parties and facilitate buy-in and support.
· Define and update budget, resource and project plans, and project management spreadsheets.
· Management and ownership of Global Distribution Sales Profitability Program investments in our Distributors, both front-end and back-end, including the Distribution Management Platform (DMP) toolset
· Strong understanding of Cisco’s business and Channels processes.
· Experience driving large-scale programs globally across Cisco’s Partner ecosystem.
· Demonstrated an understanding of process improvement methodologies and experience executing the project lifecycle methodology.
· Ability to identify and analyze the complex business process and program or system requirements typically involving process automation and changing major internal and customer-facing (partner) processes.
· Accountable for managing the assigned projects and overall results.
· Direct contact with customers, partners, employees, senior level management and executives
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
· Exceptional negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Strong problem solving, decision making and influence skills
· Demonstrate industry, technical and business knowledge
· Excellent interpersonal, influence and presentation skills required. Understands Cisco's business model; leverages industry, technical and Cisco business knowledge
· Must be a self-starter, possess excellent organization skills, and have the aptitude to define operational requirements and implement processes and systems to support those requirements
· Thrive in an environment with an agenda for change, growth, innovation, and entrepreneurial behavior. Can demonstrate the ability to operate continually at an “up-tempo” pace in a dynamic, fast-moving culture.
Educational Background Recommended
Bachelor’s Degree Required
MBA or Equivalent Preferred
8+ years related experience Preferred
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.