Cisco HR Data Business Analyst in San Jose, California
HR Data Business Analyst
Location: San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s) Seattle, North Carolina, may be open to other US locations
Area of Interest Human Resources
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1234285
HR Data Business Analyst – Workforce Planning / HR
What You'll Do
At Cisco, we believe a diverse workplace leads to innovation, better collaboration, and a high-performance culture where everyone is welcomed, respected, valued, and heard. In fact, our inclusion and collaboration objectives are integral to every segment of our business.
We are looking for a HR Data Business Analyst to join Cisco’s Inclusion, Collaboration and People Planning Digitization and Business Intelligence team. You will work as part of the team to help identify drivers of highly inclusive, diverse, competitive and collaborative organizations helping to craft Cisco’s people strategies by leading analyses and summarizing key business insights. You will connect business, workforce, diversity, inclusion and collaboration information to create powerful insights that support HR and business strategy. You will find patterns in data as you draw from and build on your skillset of extensive data analysis techniques and help create stories that moves beyond the data and explains the why as business leaders plan their inclusion and collaboration focused people plans.
• Contribute to the detailed statistical analysis of our people data, in order to identify actionable insights through ad-hoc requests and operational solutions
• Manage and compile data from various sources to provide business insights across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data types
• Develop, run, and validate predictive models under mentorship from Senior Data Scientist and in partnership with analytics team
• Simplify and visualize results for mass consumption by non-technical audiences across the company
• Apply expertise in statistical modeling techniques like time-series, factor, principal component, regression analysis to deliver insightful findings
• Work with senior Data Scientist resources on the team to help prepare results to be communicated in a way that informs and drives the organization to action
• Connect the dots across a range of business, HR and workforce information to tell a story and provide insight, rather than just reporting the data
• Collaborate to further develop diversity and people planning frameworks, models and insights for understanding by the business, making quantitative decisions on complex business problems
Who You'll Work With
This role is a highly collaborative, you'll be an integral part of a business intelligence team that has responsibilities across Inclusion, Collaboration and People Planning. You will work closely with cross functional teams including other COEs across Cisco to analyze a full spectrum of Business, HR and Collaboration data in support of a highly inclusive and collaborative organization.
Who You Are
Our Minimum Qualifications for the role are:
• Demonstrable experience using data visualization to tell compelling stories with data
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle ambiguity but seek clarification when needed
• Strong hands-on data analysis, discovery and track record of delivering insights from data
• Able to sustain quick turnaround times for research and data analysis
• Strong SQL, data design / modeling, ETL / Database (objects) integration experience
• Data visualization (Tableau preferred , MicroStrategy nice to have)
• Strong written/oral business communication
• Excel, PowerPoint
• Data Integration scripting: R or Python
• Curious, critical thinker, team-player
• Forecasting, predictive analysis (regression, cluster analysis, hypothesis testing, model training)
• Strong ability to translate large amounts of data into crisp business insights for technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong team-player who can execute effectively across the entire lifecycle of data analysis
• Experience in a matrixed organization, ability to form relationships with Stakeholders
• Master’s Degree or Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field of study, and more than 3+ years of equivalent work experience in applying predictive analytics to solve business challenges
Additional Desired Skills:
SAS, SPSS, statistical package exposure (time series, parametric, etc)
Exposure to agile delivery methodologies
Ability to influence, align Stakeholders
Ability to manage risk, speak to evidence-based risk management strategies
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.