Cisco Java Developer- Data Mining 1231744 in San Jose, California
Java Developer- Data Mining 1231744
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Big Data, Analytics
Job Id 1231744
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more. This team works Framework, Micro services, Java 8, Redis cache, NoSQL DB, GraphDB, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Beam, Flink, RestFul etc.
What You'll Do
In this highly critical role as the lead for Big Data Streaming, Pipelining and Object Modeling, you will:
· Participate in designing and implementation for the data platform, ensuring generic and customizable object models that can support 3rd party applications
· Create a framework to monitor and troubleshoot the system at high scales and high volumes
· Understand all the components in the system in great depth, and tune the nuts and bolts of the system to extract the most performance from it.
· Create a self-aware system that can tune itself based on load and system conditions
Who You'll Work With
Does leading and bleeding edge fascinate you? Do you read and learn about new technology for fun? Is coding your passion, but also your hobby? Does working on fast paced, agile environments excite you? Do your eyes gleam with excitement at the thought of building a clustered containerized big data system that has as much potential as the technical challenge it offers? If you answered “yes” to all the previous questions, you would fit right into our team!
Who You Are
· Bachelors/Masters in Engineering
· 5+ years of experience in Software Development
· Strong expertise in Java programming, Python
· Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
· Experience with technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, NoSQL Databases like Elastic Search
· Well versed with test and build tools – Gradle, GitHub, Jenkins etc.
· Proven ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies & languages and work in agile environment
· Familiar with micro-services based software like Docker, Kubernetes
· Working experience with Flink, Storm, Spark, etc.
· Working experience with graph databases such as Cayley, Titan, or Neo4j…
· Working experience with other NOSQL databases such as Cassandra or MongoDB
· Experience developing high performance, highly scalable solutions deployed on the cloud products (network analytics, networking, virtualization, etc.)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.