Cisco Manager, Product Management in San Jose, California
Manager, Product Management
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Business Strategy and Operations
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Job Id 1226743
What You'll Do
Data Center Networking Group is developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center and cloud switches that feature application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility. We also developed a 40G Ethernet transceiver designed to drastically lower the price of 40G optics to better compete with other competitor switches.
Who You'll Work With
This is an exciting position for driving innovation in the data center space around application centric infrastructure and the Nexus platform. This position is part of an exciting, dynamic team responsible for recognizing market trends and identifying next generation data center needs.
Who You Are
As a Senior Product Manager, you are at the pulse of innovation and play a key role in evangelizing INSBU technologies. You will be responsible for the software Cisco Nexus 9000/ACI fabric technology roadmap and business strategy. This will include building relationships with the various business unit stakeholders across Cisco that will help with product positioning, architecture strategy and articulating business benefits to CxO level personnel, architects and end users is part of your customer and partner facing responsibility.
In conjunction with networking and virtualization knowledge, it is key to understand the key drivers of the next-generation datacenter market segments such as big data, hybrid cloud etc.
As part of this role you will be interfacing with customers and work on design, architecture and deployment of Data Center with ACI technology. You will work closely with TME team to address any feature gaps and collect customer feedback to improve the product and bring to market new features.
As part of executive briefings, conferences, trade shows and customer visits/calls you not only convey knowledge but also aggregate direct customer feedback for overall product innovation and roadmap down to the level where your detailed input distills into product requirements documents. Your ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear, concise and easy to understand way helps scaling the overall training effort for internal solutions architects, systems engineers, channel partners and end customers.
Interaction with the development team, quality engineering and product marketing within Cisco will help you grow your expertise from a technical and marketing side. Your input to engineering is key for usability, design flexibility and integration with other Cisco or third party solutions.
You get to contribute in all stages of the product lifecycle. From defining product requirements to the design stage, building out a roadmap strategy, defining pricing/special bundles, helping customers through beta programs, releasing the product for general availability all the way to transitioning customers to new releases.
* Exceptional skills in leadership/influence, cross-team collaboration, presentation, exec presence and ability to demonstrate passion
* Experience with SP/WebScale customer interaction
* 6+ years work experience in product management/marketing preferably in enterprise networking, applications or datacenter
* CCIE R+S with extensive experience in BGP, MPLS, SR, SDN Controllers
* Strong domain expertise in Networking (L2/L3), and SDN/Programmability and understanding of market dynamics, competition, etc.
* Strong understanding of network architectures for Enterprise, Service Provider and Datacenter/Cloud customers
* Demonstrated ability to create highly compelling product marketing collateral
* Effective spokesperson skills engaging small and large customer groups
* Ability to establish trusted relationship with 3rd party vendors
* Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
* BSEE/CS or equivalent work experience with a Masters degree (MS/MBA) preferred
* Position is local to San Jose, California (relocation available if qualify)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. W e are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.