Cisco Optical Interconnect Engineer - 1230080 in San Jose, California
Optical Interconnect Engineer - 1230080
Location: San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s) Allentown, PA; Vimercate, Italy
Area of Interest Engineer - Hardware
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1230080
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Broad design knowledge of optical transceiver modules operating at 100 Gb/s and higher
· Working with an interdisciplinary team, responsible for talking the transceiver from concept phase through manufacturing, including electrical, optical, firmware and package level testing
· Responsible for communicating the overall project milestones and issues to management
· Manage key project schedules and establish key milestones and deliverables
· Domain knowledge in electrical, optical, mechanical, Firmware or packaging design of optical transceivers.
· Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Optical or software Engineering, or other related fields and a minimum of 2 years of experience in optical communications.
· Demonstrated optical transceiver design capability.
Some experience in designing optical components, electrical circuits, and packaging
· Experience working on interdisciplinary projects.
· Good planning and organizational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Background in EMI, RFI, ESD and product qualification requirement test a plus.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.