Cisco Principle Engineer - Teams Collaboration Group in San Jose, California
Principle Engineer - Teams Collaboration Group
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video
Job Id 1229950
What You'll Do
Cisco Collaboration is looking for a technical leader to help transform our $1B cloud collaboration business. The ideal candidate will work closely with engineers at all levels of the organization to oversee technical execution. In addition this candidate will work with engineering, operations and product management leadership to set the strategic technical direction for the solution. This role calls for a hands-on, dynamic technical leader who is passionate about creating high quality collaboration software for the cloud, while driving outcomes to the next level. The Principal Engineer will be well versed in web engineering technology, and can influence an organization that is embracing modern web technology stacks while leading growth to scale.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Design, architect and implement solution features, specifically our client experiences on the web, mobile and desktop
· Influence technical decisions around product architecture, technology choices and integration strategies
· Own setting technical strategy for a large group of cloud engineering talent
· Mentor engineers within the organization to develop skill-set and increase visibility
· Work in collaboration with product management to define technical strategy and set prioritization of solution improvements
· Use data, metrics and telemetry to provide data-driven input on the solution roadmap, continuously drive toward quality and innovate to disrupt the conferencing and team collaboration market
Who You'll Work With
Today’s flexible, cloud and mobile driven businesses are clamoring for collaboration solutions that offer a “no compromises” experience in every room, on every desk, and in every pocket. And the growing demand in the workplace – from the IT administrator to the end user – are expecting vendors to provide collaborative experiences that are simple, easy to use, integrated and delightful.
The Teams Collaboration Group’s (TCG) vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry spotlight that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and disrupt the market to stay competitive. We have been hard at work to build a next generation cloud platform and ecosystem that delivers tangible business outcomes to enable our customers and grow our base. Our next chapter involves iterating on that platform and apps to deliver deep interoperability with other products in the market, allowing customers to always choose Cisco collaboration and work seamlessly with their other productivity solutions.
Who You Are
You are a thought leader with rock star engineering skills who can navigate between engineering, business and executive spaces and influence the technical roadmap.
· 10+ years of experience in developing high-performance code – especially at SaaS and cloud offering environment
· BS degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
· Full-stack experience with cloud hosted apps/services, AWS and/or Rackspace experience preferred, and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the cloud
· Ability to translate long-term strategy into short-term technical requirements
· Hands on experience in working with distributed systems and internal customers of the services
· Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
· Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results.
· Must work well under pressure, balancing multiple priorities and objectives; handles conflict well
· Demonstrated technical leadership and ability to communicate in a complex cross-functional environment
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.