Cisco Product Line Manager in San Jose, California
Product Line Manager
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking, Security
Job Id 1242121
The Business Entity
Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) develops best-in-class content and network security products and leads the market in firewall, intrusion prevention, remote access, and content security technologies.
The Network Security product management team within SBG has responsibility for the Network Security Portfolio across all market segments. This is an exciting time to join this team as we have introduced next -generation products that completely revolutionized the marketplace. It’s a unique opportunity to work with a world-class team in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging one of the largest portfolios of security technologies to create and deliver new offerings.
Role & Responsibilities
This role is for a Product Line Manager of one of the highest revenue generating NGFW platforms, with full responsibility for product strategy, forecast and GTM across all market segments.
In addition to that, the role encompasses responsibility for the enterprise market segment across all the Network security offerings.
● Strategy for offerings in enterprise market segment in Network Security
● Understand customer needs, routes to market, and the competitive landscape for network security offerings, including Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW) and Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS).
● Manage interactions with multiple cross-functional teams in Engineering, Marketing and Sales to deliver key offerings in pursuit of the strategy and business goals.
● The ideal candidate will have experience in product delivery with both waterfall and Agile development lifecycles.
● 5+ years of product management experience- ideally with information security offerings.
● Superior analytical skills from qualitative and quantitative perspectives. Strategic thinker and planner with the ability to quickly solve problems and identify core issues
● Entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to identify and overcome challenges through influence
● Strong awareness of market-transforming technology trends, with ability to contextualize those trends for technical and non-technical audiences
● Confidence, credibility, poise and the ability to think on your feet
● Bachelor's degree in a technology or business discipline or equivalent experience.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.