Cisco Product Manager - Blockchain in San Jose, California
Product Manager - Blockchain
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1233228
We are looking for a Product Manager with a Data Analytics and Blockchain background, experience with continuous integration and agile delivery, and a real passion for building elegant products bringing to bear your tens of petabyte data and solutions to complex problems. Significant interaction with our global talent will be required. Effective communication at all levels internally and with clients will be necessary. This is a strategic position that will require some hands-on work as well given the start-up nature of this new division.
• You will possess a rare blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, sweating the details, and the dedication to make that vision a reality.
• You will be focusing on developing products that are technically grounded in best-in-class operational, deployment, ease of use, and consumption practices.
• You will be spending time with clients to understand their problems, and find creative solutions for our clients and the broader market.
• You will communicate with all areas of the company.
• You will be identifying and assessing opportunities – interface directly with senior members of business units
• You will be assisting in evaluating and/or developing excellent leading technology tools and infrastructure stacks
• You will be developing business plans of product/service offerings including market analysis, financial models, etc. for opportunity and client need
• You will lead performing deep dives on customer needs, identify, lead and execute opportunities for monetization
• You will working with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
• You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist the new product offerings, and at times work with the sales channel and key customers.
• You will be analyzing potential partner relationships for the product and develop and report on product measurement and metrics
• You will be developing product proposals with clear functionality, customer value, time to market, and development requirements.
• You will be defining conceptual future state adoption scenarios, including business and technology implications, challenges and opportunities
• You will be coordinating with business-unit financial product authorities to understand how their financial services products could be optimized by Blockchain technology, and how Blockchain technology could offer new product and services opportunities.
• You will also lead product design of Proofs of Concepts, Pilots and Production Blockchain applications in partnership with development teams and business teams.
• You will work with a team of world-class product managers and work hand in hand with business development and engineering teams to develop technical product requirements and roadmaps.
The Minimum Qualifications for this role are:
• 8+ years’ applicable experience
• BS/BA applicable program, MBA preferred
• Ability to think and operate as a standout colleague
• Deeply strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and project risk
• Able to learn complex business operations, work in a dynamic environment
• Able to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.