Cisco Product Manager in San Jose, California
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Service Provider
Job Id 1226369
Who You'll Work With ?
Service Provider Infrastructure Group
The Service Provider Networking Systems Group is chartered to develop and drive the overall business and strategy for the Service Provider Segment within the Development organization and interface with Sales and Services. The segment teams define the market requirements and the portfolio of products and cross-platform solutions, drive delivery as well as GTM alignment. They own portfolio management, product marketing, product management, and technical marketing for core platform groups and coordinate closely with software and applications groups
What You'll Do ?
The Service Provider Networking System Group's charter includes continuing to define and deliver an industry leading portfolio of routing products and infrastructure solutions to solve pressing business problems for our customers, and delivering profitable business growth for Cisco.
This is one of Cisco's most established and strategically important markets, but also one which is continually evolving and highly competitive.
In this exciting organization, you will be empowered to make a difference, establish a reputation, and position yourself for continued growth. The specific role is focused on driving a team of product managers and technical resources in defining, building and driving the evolution of our Routing portfolio
Role & Responsibilities:
● We are looking for an individual with strong Product Management experience, flexibility and excellent communication skills to provide leadership in product management defining the evolution of our Routing Infrastructure portfolio.
● Outbound Marketing: Collaborate with Service Provider & Web/OTT business development, sales teams, and customers – promoting existing products and identifying new product opportunities, including gathering product and roadmap requirements and also interfacing with customers on short and long term strategic roadmap discussions and to assess customer satisfaction & gaps with existing platforms and solutions.
● Inbound Marketing: Analyze market trends to identify the mid and long term business opportunity. Work with Technical Marketing Engineers (TMEs) on competitive analysis. Develop the Product Roadmap. Complete Product Requirements Documents and Business Commit on roadmap programs. Interlock with other BUs to synergize the development effort. Work with Sales Engineers, TMEs and the Development Engineering team to finalize the technical detail of the roadmap items. Work with operations and manufacturing teams to maintain all the product forecasts. Maintain entire product life cycle.
● Good understanding of Routing and Switching technologies, Cisco Service Provider routing products and solutions.
● Experience of both 'Agile' and 'Waterfall' product development methodologies.
● Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills, strong problem solving ability and a high level of dedication.
● Highly experienced in working effectively in a diverse business environment and in leading cross-functional projects and teams.
● 5+ years of experience in product management and working in Service Provider and International markets.
● Knowledge of the International Service Provider market and existing relationships with customers and Cisco Sales teams.
● Knowledge of Cisco's NCS series (primary) and ASR series (secondary) of routing products and their associated IOS or equivalent products in competitive portfolios.
● Fluency in relevant foreign languages.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
# We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.