Cisco PROJECT SPECIALIST.PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MGMT-SUPPLY CHAIN 1231878 in San Jose, California
PROJECT SPECIALIST.PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MGMT-SUPPLY CHAIN 1231878
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Supply Chain
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1231878
What You'll Do
· You will be accountable for:
o Drive HW & SW supply chain readiness for New Product Introduction (NPI)
o Leverage new monetization models and the NPI requirements for Supply Chain enablement to set up NPI Programs
o Drive supply chain strategy and overall cost management for NPI
o Execute against risk management between proto and FCS (First Customer Shipment) through end of life
o Design supply chain strategies to maximize specific fulfillment goals throughout the lifecycle of the product
o Manage product transition from NPI to Mass production
o Collaborate with product engineer, product marketing, and manufacturing partners to set up supply chain
o Manage supplier performance and team expectations by proactively driving suppliers to meet or exceed committed performance
o Prepare the supply chain and manages continuity of material supply, delivery and quality ensuring no shortages, delays or quality issues from proto to FCS
o Utilize appropriate resources and influences sourcing and fulfillment strategies to achieve optimal product cost.
o Analyzes supply chain issues, formulates solutions and proposals, and communicates plans and status in an executive manner.
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of the team who focuses on supply chain activities for New Product Introduction (NPI) primarily working with product marketing, engineering, finance, and manufacturing partners. The team is leading NPI supply chain set up with close collaboration with the global team. We are the one who designs NPI supply chain, analyze risk of cost, delivery, and quality, and work with business partners for successful launch of products.
Who You Are
You will need to have:
· 3+ years of project management experience, involving supply chain
· Understanding all elements of product cost including SW; validates the integrity of supplier quotes and forward costing; able to clearly articulate the main cost drivers, cost reduction and cost avoidance activities.
· Strong communication and influencing skills, including experience communicating and influencing with cross-functional team
· Strong global program/project management background, including engagement with multiple geographic theaters.
· BA/BS required.
· Understanding SW supply chain from sourcing to costing (identify correct vendors, identify risk, Royalties & how they are paid, lifecycle, licensing schemes) to influence SW supplier selection for NPI
· Supply Chain, Sourcing, Material Management, Management, Cost Excellence, Risk Management
· Understanding Cost and supplier elements of SW as it relates to XaaS, Cloud and 3rd Party SW models
· Knowledge of new product development methodologies (ex: Agile) to support NPI programs
· Influence business unit around the SLA for cloud providers (supplier asks, risks, operational issues, support)
· Ability to leverage data analytic tools (eg. Smartsheet, Tableau) to develop real time views, analyze cost, spend, ramp, risk and communicate/develop conclusions and recommendations based on data.
· Ability to leverage understanding of different manufacturing and fulfillment models (eg. Build-to-Stock, SW (e-delivery vs. physical delivery), country enablement requirements, OEM, ODM, JDM, CM, etc) to ensure products are set up appropriately
· MBA preferred
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.