Cisco Senior Java Application Development Engineer 1227398 in San Jose, California
Senior Java Application Development Engineer 1227398
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1227398
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
What you’ll do
We are looking for software engineering and technology visionaries to join the DNA development team. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services, and designing innovative full stack technical solutions.
As we build the new network, we need you to bring your new ideas and enthusiasm to jump into opportunities, transforming industries as they emerge and grow. You will collaborate with a creative team to take on some of the toughest challenges in the tech world.
Are you passionate about working on groundbreaking technology with global impact? Are you pumped about making billions of connections happen? Will you be our next hire?
· Participate in design discussion and develop high-scale data collection, analysis, orchestration and provisioning systems in both physical and virtual networking environments for customer and Cisco use.
· Work with product owners / customer to help prioritize and define feature functionality.
· Design tool chain for larger Cisco Corporation to share critical data with customers. Implement distributed data retrieval, assurance, visualization, and control algorithms with the intent of efficiently directing traffic in campus networks for the world's largest and most important businesses.
· Operate in an Agile methodology with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
· Contribute to functional specifications. Write portions of product spec and help seek clarity where it doesn't exists.
· Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
· Strong ability and desire to learn new tools as required is an absolute must.
· This team will move forward with the most modern and appropriate technologies for the task at hand.
· 8 - 12 years of experience in Java, J2EE, Python, or other modern programming languages/technologies.
· Experience in or knowledge of distributed systems such as Cassandra, Kafka etc
· Strong understating of OOA& D, Design patterns and SOA architectures
· Expert in use of standard of SCM tools (Git), CI/CD (Jenkins/Maven etc) process.
· Ability to work and influence teams beyond your immediate group.
· Strong motivation to innovate and improve customer and product experience.
· Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
· Follows development best practices like TDD, Code Reviews and owns Automated tests to ensure quality.
· Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
We connect everything: people, process, data and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.