Cisco Senior Linux Kernel Developer in San Jose, California
Senior Linux Kernel Developer
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Networking
Job Id 1220952
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Linux Kernel Developer with extensive experience in a Linux environment. The position involves the development and implementation of a wide range of networking software.
· Lead the Kernel module design development for Cisco Nexus9000 Product suite
· Work closely with product marketing team to gather the software requirements
· Specify software specification and drive system architecture decisions
· Lead platform feature development on Kernel stack
· Lead and drive the complex software solution across the cross functional teams
Who You'll Work With
You will work closely with Product Management and Research teams to design and implement software and collaborate with QA and Hardware teams to ensure high quality products.The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop solutions.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate has demonstrated, hands-on development expertise with Linux.Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability & scalability, reliability and maintainability of the product.
Candidates must have at least five years of C/C++ programming experience developing Linux kernel software for high performance systems. Applicant must have significant experience in several of the following:
· Linux kernel and kernel module development
· Linux driver development (network stack)
· Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
· UNIX shell scripting
· Network application development
· Distributed systems and network protocol development
· Advanced Cisco router/switch configuration/management
· Experience Python Scripting Language
· Experience with Layer-2 Switch and routing protocols
· Cisco NXOS expertise is an added advantage
· Must have strong problem solving and debugging skills.
· BSCS/CE is required MSCS/CE is preferred.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.