Cisco Senior Program Manager in San Jose, California
Senior Program Manager
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Project or Program Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1235509
Senior Program Manager
What you’ll do
· As a senior Program Manager, you will lead multiple initiatives/ programs/ solutions that align with business portfolio strategy.
· Own full program life cycle from initiation to deployment.
· Develop and manage cross-functional program schedules; identify risks, manage scope and resource changes, and monitor progress against plan.
· Identify, escalate and drive resolution of issues that affect program schedule and feature commitments.
· Define, generate and assess performance metrics for the program. Ensure all necessary data are available for critical decision making.
· Communicate regularly to management and executives on program status, risks and change control.
· Ensure effective communication within the cross-functional teams – Operations, Engineering, Product Management, QA and release management.
· Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
Who You'll Work With
· The Networks X-Technologies Group (NeXT) brings together platform independent operating system and networking protocols teams across multiple OSes. The team is chartered to create unprecedented value and successful outcomes for customers, in the Enterprise, Service Provider and Data Center segments, by leading the development and deployment of consistent architectures/services solutions. NeXT team does all that with speed, agility and a winning engineering culture. Our core values are deeply rooted in principles of strong business context, architectural alignment, innovation, and speed.
Who You Are
· Minimum Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
· 10+ years relevant experience in networking/technology related business, with 4+ years in a Program Management position, with demonstrated history and ability dealing with executive management.
· Exceptional team player with the ability to quickly develop and foster cross-functional relationships
· Excellent collaboration and communication skills and the ability to work/influence with different levels of management.
· Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
· Outstanding written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
· Organized and detail-oriented, with a high level of integrity and reliability
· Practical work experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.