Cisco Senior Software Engineer- Polaris IOS-XE in San Jose, California
Senior Software Engineer- Polaris IOS-XE
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything
Job Id 1228301
Cisco Polaris IOS-XE is looking for a software engineer to contribute on the High Availability infrastructure. We’re looking for smart, hard-working people who see problems as challenges and strive to meet them. People with a high degree of ownership who can bring solutions to the table and consider the entire application end to end.
What will you do?
Develop new High Availability features according to requirements on our flagship product
Debug and resolve moderate to complex problems
Interpret business specifications and perform analysis/design functions
Independently perform problem determination and resolution
Coordinate testing and debugging for programming changes among support staff and Quality Assurance
Prepare system documentation as required
Who You Are
· You are a Software engineer with 8-10+ years of experience in computer systems, software and architecture
· You possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· You must have at least 3 years of Linux embedded development experience
· You are good with writing distributed platform and system software
· You are desired to have experienced with board bringup, writing and debugging device drivers
· Extensive knowledge of linux and network resource management
· You are an excellent C programmer and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
· You have experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies
· You have a good understanding of the network protocol stack, including L2 switching and IP Routing, TCP/IP
· Prefer strong skills in Python/Perl scripting
Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good team player Must be able to own large portions of the software from a technical perspective
Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial oversight. Have experience in customer deployment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong team building skills.This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams
Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement.
Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.