Cisco Senior Software Test Engineer in San Jose, California
Senior Software Test Engineer
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1232102
Cisco seeks a Senior Software Test Engineer in San Jose to be a part of the Security Platform team, working on the development of new secure services platform as well as virtual security application. You will part of cutting-edge network security technology to work on endless new security technologies like virtual firewalling, clustering IPv6, IPS etc. SBG is a cornerstone of Cisco Security Systems and provides security solutions to the networking world covering secure network communications, threat defense systems, security management and web and email security. Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments.
• Strong background in switching is required
Basic routing and networking knowledge including TCP/IP, UDP, NAT knowledge is a must
Knowledge of multiple security products and their features is preferred such as: ASA Firewall, FTD firewall
• Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages is a must
Experience testing a GUI based management solution. Experience with GUI automation tools a plus
• Experience testing frameworks for REST API
Demonstrated experience with automation development and automation environments
• Extensive experience in automation frameworks, operating systems, network and security
• Extensive experience working with Linux platforms
• Experience with Cisco Cat6k, UCS, Nexus 7k and other Cisco hardware is a plus
• Ability to apply new technology independently.
• Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
• Efficient and Creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems
• Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
• Previous system and/or performance testing experience is a plus
• Hands-on familiarity with test tools such as Spirent Test Center, BreakingPoint, Shenick, Mu and Spirent Avalanche is a plus
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.