Cisco Software Engineer, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Istio in San Jose, California
Software Engineer, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Istio
Location: San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s) BXB
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1234882
What You'll Do
The CPSG Cloud CTO team is looking for a Software Engineer to develop cutting edge solutions and be responsible for showcasing the technologies to customers and other teams within Cisco. Work with Open Source comunities to develop your ideas. Engaging with customers to deliver on Hybrid Cloud solutions, you will work with cross functional business teams (Sales, Marketing, Partner Org, Corporate Strategy) as well as product managers, engineering and customers to support global deployments. You will have a blast working across multiple customer engagements and provide product feedback to engineering while supporting direct sales on qualified opportunities. You should have the ability to take complex topics and make them easy to understand. Your excellent communication skills will have a direct impact in propagating Cisco’s Multicloud Strategy, and you will move key metrics for the organization that are highly visible across Cisco’s leadership team.
Activities include, but are not limited to
• Design, document and implement features in an Open Source environment primary using GO, Python
• Use the Agile process for the software development lifecycle
• Participate in technical discussions and provide innovation to the product
• Conduct and participate in peer design/code reviewsWork closely with the field to propagate our Multicloud and Hybrid Cloud strategy.
• Support customer & partner engagements.
• Developing technical collateral, including white papers, technical slide decks, and presentations.
• Presenting at trade shows and conferences such as KubeCon, OpenStack
• Support customer feedback & feature requests process with insights gained during your engagement with customers & partners.
• Working with engineering to define product requirements and feature priorities
• Testing new technologies/releases in the lab
Who You'll Work With
Our Cloud CTO team evaluates and contributes to Open Source software projects, focused on Networking and Cloud Solutions. Technology to include OpenStack, Kubernetesv, Istio.
Who You Are
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
• Programming and/or scripting experience and familiarity with DevOps tools, GO, Python • Deep knowledge of Open Source software development • In-depth understanding of both on-prem and public cloud capabilities.
• Must be able to demonstrate confidence in architecture, engineering, operations, and security discussions
• Proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate strategies for effective solutions.
• Excellent communications skills and comfort/experience presenting
• Ability to distill complex technical concepts into understandable language
• Domestic / International Travel required 5%
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.