Cisco Software Engineer in San Jose, California
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything, Service Provider
Job Id 1231104
Cisco's Service Provider Networking Automation group is looking for an innovative, action-oriented and disruptive engineer for being part of Cisco's SDN Platform team.
The ideal candidate will play a key role on a next generation Service Provider Network Automation Infrastructure team, as a Software Engineer, working in a startup like fast pace environment, developing Cisco's Software Defined Networking Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility and quality. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to interact with various development teams across Cisco and drive the development features from concepts to reality. Additional responsibilities include defining API's, working on code reviews, code merges, static analysis etc. Innovation, thinking outside the box and challenging the status quo are highly desired.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position requires collaboration with multiple Cisco Technology Groups and working cross functionally with Product and Program Management, Engineering teams, Quality Assurance Teams, etc. The candidate should have proven hands-on experience developing software following an Agile DevOps methodology with Continuous Integration / Deployment.
Strong Technical Skills, excellent team player, excellent verbal and written communications skills, customer and quality focused experience, able to drive solution from product requirements, self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude and the ability to meet or beat schedule requirements with good track records.
· 6+ years of strong Java/J2EE experience
· Expert level understanding and working knowledge of REST / JAX-RS Web Services using JSON
· Strong Object-Oriented Analysis and Design concepts.
· Performance tuning in Java
· Working knowledge of Junit and other unit testing and debugging tools for Java.
· Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux platform
· Experience working with Web Containers like Tomcat
· Experience working with NoSQL databases
· Experience working with CICD tools like Git, Jenkins and Gerrit.
· Familiarity with Networking concepts.
· Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies like OpenStack and/or VMWare
· Experience with massively scalable, distributed systems.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.