Cisco Software Engineer in San Jose, California
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1233542
What You'll Do
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing business units inside of Cisco that is focused on building next generation cloud platform. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced, startup-like environment.
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with world class Engineering teams who are building next generation datacenter products. The successful candidate will work in a very sophisticated development environment and will get plenty of opportunities to gain technical expertise in a number of areas related to cloud management and workloads.
Who You Are
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Minimum 3 years of Software and IP Networking experience is a plus
• Familiarity with Switching and routing protocols (BGP/ARP/VLAN/VXLAN/TCP/UDP)
• Familiarity with distributed systems development
• Knowledge of Go is a must
• Knowledge of Python is highly desirable
• L2/L3 networking
• Strong understanding of Container networking and Virtualization network is a plus
• Familiarity of Kubernetes networking is a highly desirable
• Understand Linux networking is a must
• Hands of experience with computer network troubleshooting
• Basic Docker and Kubernetes operation knowledge is required
• Familiarity with datacenter architectures
• Versed in agile methodologies (SCRUM, etc.).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.