Cisco Sr. Engineering Director--Teams Collaboration Group in San Jose, California
Sr. Engineering Director--Teams Collaboration Group
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video
Job Id 1229951
Senior Director, Engineering
What You'll Do
Cisco Collaboration is looking for an exceptional leader and proactive executioner to help transform our $1B cloud collaboration business. The ideal candidate will partner with the organization’s senior leaders and the broader cross-functional teams to plan and operationalize the transformational strategy needed to take this growing cloud business to the next level. This role is ideal for a hands-on, dynamic leader who is passionate about creating high quality collaboration software for the cloud, while driving outcomes to the next level. This leader will be well versed and capable in web engineering technology, and can lead an organization that is embracing modern web technology stacks while leading growth to scale.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Hire, lead and manage an engineering organization that is second-to-none
· Own setting technical direction and execution for a large group of cloud engineering talent
· Build out the existing team to broaden the technical skill-sets and thought leadership
· Partner with other engineering and operations teams to advocate and contribute towards making our application services innovative, resilient and supportable
· Work in collaboration with product management to define and delivery technical strategy
· Use data, metrics and telemetry to shape the solution roadmap, continuously drive toward quality and innovate to disrupt the conferencing and team collaboration market
Who You'll Work With
Today’s flexible, cloud and mobile driven businesses are clamoring for collaboration solutions that offer a “no compromises” experience in every room, on every desk, and in every pocket. And the growing demand in the workplace – from the IT administrator to the end user – are expecting vendors to provide collaborative experiences that are simple, easy to use, integrated and delightful.
The Teams Collaboration Group’s (TCG) vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry spotlight that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and disrupt the market to stay competitive. We have been hard at work to build a next generation cloud platform and ecosystem that delivers tangible business outcomes to enable our customers and grow our base. Our next chapter involves iterating on that platform and apps to deliver deep interoperability with other products in the market, allowing customers to always choose Cisco collaboration and work seamlessly with their other productivity solutions.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.