Cisco Technical Leader, Application Development - Blockchain in San Jose, California
Technical Leader, Application Development - Blockchain
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1233223
You will be part of Cisco’s Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) working on state of the art innovation, cultivating and capturing new opportunities at lightning speed. You will join an internal startup team within the Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG) developing an Enterprise Blockchain solution. You will work through the whole software development process with a lightweight Agile approach and use the latest tools and processes with a strong focus on software quality.
Cisco’s Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG) is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a real passion for all-things innovation. This includes our Innovation Centers, which are located around the world, where disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover, and develop groundbreaking solutions to take on customers’ toughest challenges. CSIG is responsible for the exploration of new technologies, which includes Blockchain, drones, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest.
You are an extraordinary engineer who will join in on the sprint that takes us from prototype to MVP. You are looking for a rare and well-thought-out opportunity that will bring an exceptional piece of work to your portfolio. Do you have a passion for hacked stuff on the blockchain? Or maybe you own some BTC?
• Working on state of the art Blockchain technology as part of an internal start-up team
• Analysis, design and implementation of core Enterprise Blockchain software
• Developing beautiful, maintainable code, with test driven CI/CD development
• A degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
• 6-10years’ experience as an Application Engineer
• Experience developing traditional distributed systems delivering scalable distributed computing with fault tolerance and various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Paxos, etc)
• Have practical experience developing on Blockchain platforms such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.
• Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures. Experience working with cryptographic protocols and an understanding of the cryptographic principles underpinning of Bitcoin 2.0 and Blockchain technologies
• Strong experience of cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud. Especially technologies such as EC2, S3, Kubernetes, Docker and Elastic Search
• Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
• Unix environment and Bash scripting
• RESTful API design and implementation and messaging system experience
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network protocols
• Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Python, C, C++, C#, golang, Rust, Haskell, or Erlang
• DevOps experience: configuration management, containers, virtualization, continuous integration
• Knowledge of server-less architecture would be a benefit
• Deep understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
• Experience with version control systems (Git)
• Experience of financial markets, OTC derivatives, contracts, IoT, Supply Chain, etc
• Ideally some self-taught experience of using Hyperledger or Ethereum
• Ability to think and operate as a phenomenal teammate
• Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Able to learn complex technologies quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-centered environment
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.