Cisco Technical Leader in San Jose, California
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Job Id 1227764
What You'll Do
The DCG (Data Center Group) at Cisco provides next generation data center and cloud management solutions with its Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) products. Be part of a team transforming next gen data center architecture to build products which are uniquely positioned to transform the datacenter and cloud deployment landscape by adopting an application centric policy driven approach whereby the compute, storage and networking needs of applications drive the underlying infrastructure. You will be working on cutting edge products that secure, analyze, monitor application workloads across the globe in public and private clouds, datacenters, and customer premises. Please read our CTO’s blog about latest innovations:
Who You'll Work With
You will be working with a team of dynamic professionals who are passionate in designing and developing world's fastest growing cloud development platform. The environment within the team here is challenging and will give people who are driven an opportunity to influence and impact the way Customers will use our products and transform their business.
Who You Are:
You have experience with following
· Programming languages C++/C, Go, Python on Linux
· Experienced in designing, building and debugging large scale distributed systems.
· Modern distributed databases and file systems.
· Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
· Linux internal, OS/system/kernel, file systems, push the limit on performance/scale
· Familiar with micro-services based software architecture and the evolving tools in the space like nomad/k8s.
· Experience with container run time (Docker, LXC/LXD)
· Familiar with agile practices and believes in test driven development
· BS degree. MS/PhD in Computer Science is plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. W e are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.