Cisco Technical Manager 1227874 in San Jose, California
Technical Manager 1227874
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1227874
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
What you’ll do
We are looking for software engineering and technology visionaries to join the DNA development team. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services, and designing innovative full stack technical solutions.
As we build the new network, we need you to bring your new ideas and enthusiasm to jump into opportunities, transforming industries as they emerge and grow. You will collaborate with a creative team to take on some of the toughest challenges in the tech world.
Are you passionate about working on groundbreaking technology with global impact? Are you pumped about making billions of connections happen? Will you be our next hire?
Who you are
· Own product areas and lead the development, test and devOps effort for multiple components.
· Work with the engineering team during the feature design and implementation phases to develop
· Collaborate with other teams i.e. development, devTest, product management and technical writers, and customer solutions engineers to ensure the company delivers high quality products to our customers.
· Monitor and manage continuous integration environment.
· Hire and Mentor team members.
· Have a high bar for quality of the product.
· 10 – 12 years of working experience in a high impact software development team
· MSEE/CS combined with 10+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 12+ yrs related experience.
· 5+ years’ experience with developing “systems” products (network automation, orchestration, network analytics and virtualization, etc.)
· Should have prior experience of leading a small team of 5 – 6 engineers.
· Strong programming experience in Java/Python, GoLang is a big bonus
· Linux systems engineering exposure, familiarity with Virtualization
· Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Expertise in building high performance, highly scalable solutions deployed on the cloud (AWS or others)
· Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology.
· Possess good understanding of development & QA methodologies and processes.
· Ability to take up variety of roles in a startup environment.
· Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as switches, storage systems, kernels and containers).
· Knowledge of ESXi, HyperV, KVM is a plus.
· Understanding of containerization concepts is a plus.
· Experience with distributed systems (databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.) is a plus.
· Strong test planning ability is a big plus.
· Expert in building complex automation frameworks using Python or Go programming skill
· Experience in developing REST APIs, very good understanding of networking concepts, L2 - L7 protocols.
· Expertise in testing container technologies and writing containerized software (using docker, lxc, kubernetes or mesos)
· Develop, test and deploying applications to PaaS platfoms like Heroku, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Google App Engine etc.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.