Cisco UI Engineer - Umbrella Cloud Security in San Jose, California
UI Engineer - Umbrella Cloud Security
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Security, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1229508
The Business Entity
Cisco Umbrella focuses on cloud-based security. We operate as an Agile company, with low management overhead in a startup-like environment. We use a variety of technologies across many operating systems, including web technologies, analytics, and client software. The company is fun, high-performance, celebrates success, and allows employees to really own their work.
We are owning the charge within Cisco to transition its security strategy to the cloud, and your role is a major contributor to that effort.
What You’ll Do:
The Policy team is looking for a UI developer with a real passion for user experience. You’ll be working closely with Product, the UX team, and our backend engineers to implement the features and improvements our customers are asking for (and some they don’t even know they need yet). In addition to translating mockups into code that works with our backend stack, there will be opportunities to aid in customer research, provide input on design, improve your skills across the entire stack, and contribute to our reusable UI component library.
Who You’ll Work With:
The Policy team is an Engineering team focused on the policy configuration of the Cisco Umbrella dashboard. We work closely with functional teams across the stack to deliver features to our customers.
Who You Are:
• You have written cross-browser compatible HTML5/CSS3
• You have experience implementing mockups and integrating with RESTful APIs
• You have prior experience working on a production web application
• You have strong oral and written communication skills
• You have excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• You have backend experience (Node.js, PHP)
• At least 5 years professional development experience
Nice to have:
• You have experience working in an Agile environment
• You have familiarity with build tools (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack) and CSS preprocessors (SASS, SCSS)
• You have experience working with metrics platforms (Keen IO, MixPanel, Amplitude)
• You have experience with CI/CD methodologies (Jenkins, Concurse CI etc.)
• Experience writing SQL queries for database.
At Cisco, each person brings their standout talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Why Cisco Cloud Security
Cisco Cloud Security enables you to securely adopt the cloud and better manage security for the way the world works today. It protects users against threats anywhere they access the internet and secures your data and applications in the cloud. You can also leverage the cloud to enhance security through simplified policy management and dynamic threat intelligence. With Cisco Cloud Security, you gain complete visibility into internet activity across cloud applications, all office locations, and roaming devices, plus faster threat detection and response. Cisco Cloud Security provides an effective security platform that is open, automated, and simple to sue. And it’s backed by industry-leading threat information delivered by the Cisco Talos security intelligence and research group.
We Are Cisco
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.