Cisco Software Development Engineer in Test in Santa Clara, California
Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: Santa Clara, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything
Job Id 1227168
Responsible for testing complex features which includes designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating and executing test cases.
• Develop automated test for features.
• Create and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting.
• Interact with customers and partners to simulate customer scenarios which help validate the product.
• Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
. Support production issues
. Test on production environment and verify functionality
. Test during Production failovers
• Passion for QA and knack for identifying test that break code.
• Comfort with programming and strong grasp of operating systems concepts.
• Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
• Understanding of database fundamentals and SQL Programming.
• Object Oriented Language expertise (e.g. Java).
• Familiarity with a scripting language, preferably Python, Perl.
• Programming experience on Linux / UNIX, and Windows.
• Prior experience in testing enterprise applications.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with inter-disciplinary teams and management.
• Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
BS or `MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.