Cisco Virtual Systems Engineer, Enterprise Networking in Seoul, United States
Virtual Systems Engineer, Enterprise Networking
Location: Seoul, Seoul-Teukbyeolsi, Republic Of Korea
Additional Location(s) Shanghai
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Networking
Job Id 1232485
What You'll Do
The Virtual Systems Engineer (VSE) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The VSE is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the majority of their time will be spent. The VSE shares knowledge and best practices throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The VSE works in a pooled fashion supporting requests Globally.
Reports To: VSEM
Case Load: 8-10 cases per week
Qualifications: Experience in markets where Cisco competes. Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
• Look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
• Use good judgement to assess the Request and uncover the true scale, business need and timescales of opportunities.
Develop and Present Solutions
• Develop the technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
• Leverage High Value services: Demos (Dcloud), Customer Engagements, Partner Enablement, Design Assistance, Consultative selling.
• Work with VSAMs, Field personnel & partners to successfully resolve all customer questions to aid in the closure.
Personal and Organizational Development
• Passion for helping others. Perform specialized training on SME products as requested.
• Help new product/services launch.
• Technical conversations, Advanced Whiteboarding and Presentation skills (own the room).
• Conflict (Negotiation skills) and Time management.
• Case handling – Priorize by eldest, then by priority and look for higher value services (more complex requests).
• SLA – Assure Response to Requester time is met.
• Monitor practice queue & provide feedback as issues arise.
• SME - Deep dive technical expertise within Specialization.
• Practice performance – contribute to the development of the practice. Deliver trainings and ToIs to Team.
• Ability to anticipate / gather / consolidate trends and communicate to VCSE.
• CSAT – Encourage survey participation and follow up when LSFU is encountered.
• All requests must have existing Case and if needed Deal ID.
Who You'll Work With
Working Across Boundaries
• Build relationship with other GVE Teams, field teams, architecture team, Business Units(BUs) and Partners.
• BU related: escalate requests to BU, provide input on health of BU relationship, Leverage existing relationships with BU resources. Work with Lead SME to redeliver BU trainings.
• Partner relationship: Help strategic partner peers, build relationship with local partner SMEs.
• SE VT attendance (both online or physical). Redeliver knowledge obtained on VT, work with TL on roadmap validation. Work with TL to update BU contact information.
• Understand about PDI, TAC and other escalation process.
Who You Are
• 5+ years of experience with IT infrastructure
• 2+ years of design & implementation experience
• Customer facing experience within presales or consulting
• Presentation and communication skills both in Korean and English
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Technical Qualifications (must have good skill set in 2 of the following or more):
• Experience of Cisco Routing and Switches
• Experience of Cisco wireless solutions
• Experience of Cisco DNA and SDA solutions
• Experience of Cisco SD-WAN
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.