Cisco Software Full Stack Engineer in Shanghai, China
Software Full Stack Engineer
Location: Shanghai, China
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1232030
Who You'll Work With
We are Cisco DevNet team – Cisco developer program. Our goal is to make the evolving internet an innovation platform for developers. You will be working with a passionate team to design and implement Cisco’s developer program.
What You'll Do
This roles requires you to work on various technologies and requires the cadidate to work on different technologies.
In this highly visible role as a DevNet software engineer, you will
● Evaluate modern technologies and platforms.
● Work alongside customers and partners to co-create innovative solutions
● Design and implement cutting edge platforms and applications.
● Help to improve Cisco developer experience.
● Working with teams in different geographic locations.
● Travel will be required from time to time
Who You Are
• experience with developing REST-based services
• hands-on experience with micro-service architectures and frameworks
• experience with designing software that uses cloud-friendly datastores (MongoDB/Cassandra/Redshift/RDS)
• fairly strong experience scripting (bash/python/ruby)
• network programming/troubleshooting experience – able to use wireshark/tcpdump to resolve network issues
• experience with using unit tests to verify functionality
• experience in a DevOps model where development and operations have a close collaboration
• experience with designing software for testability using test framework
• very strong experience in modern distributed source code management tools (git/GitHub)
• experience with code reviews and collaborative development
• experience in sizing user stories and working in a scrum team
• experience in using open source libraries and code
• experience with deploying and operating software solutions into cloud environments such as AWS/Rackspace/Heroku,
• excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.