Cisco Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer in Shanghai, China
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Shanghai, China
Area of Interest Engineer - Hardware
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Networking
Job Id 1230788
Who You'll Work With
Datacenter Switching department focus on the future switching needs of enterprise customers centered on their enterprise backbone and data center core LAN. Products include Cisco flagship switching platform Nexus 7000 series data center switches, MDS 9000 Fibre Channel storage switches. DC Switching team at Cisco China Research and Development Center, Shanghai, China, concentrates on next-generation data center switching developments for Nexus 7000, MDS 9000. We are seeking senior mechanical engineer, You will be working with a very energetic and talented team on the product delivery and sustaining of industry-leading datacenter switches and fiber channel switches.Teamwork, high quality, integrity, customer focus and innovation are the hallmark of the team.
What You'll Do
• Developing mechanical enclosure solutions for datacenter products from initial concept to production release.
• Designing PCBs, stand-alone chassis, modular chassis, and hot-pluggable modules
• Efficiently design sheet metal, plastic, labels, and machined parts using ProE / Creo.
• Thermal solution development to cool down the hot component inside the chassis and optical transceiver. (This will be an asset)
• Deliver practical solutions and concepts during brainstorming sessions.
• Demonstrate working knowledge in manufacturing/part tolerances, and tolerance loop analysis.
• Regularly review and provide feedback during PCBA development process using DXF/IDF exchange.
• Design and conduct experiments in lab to identify areas of potential improvement (including thermal performance, enclosure strength/structure, component tolerance/control, user interaction, and manufacturability/assembly).
• Experienced with designing sheet metal, machined parts, injection molded parts, die-cast parts, labels, gaskets.
• Identify cost-effective manufacturing techniques and provide improvement recommendations.
• Effectively communicate information to transfer design for manufacturing and production process.
Who You Are
• Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering.
• At least seven years of experience in detailed mechanical component/assembly design.
• Successful track record designing electro-mechanical systems and electronics enclosures.
• Familiarity with PCB design and review processes using DXF/IDF exchange.
• Experience designing metal stamping / casting, plastic injection molded, and machined parts.
• Experience in heatsink, fan module design, good knowledge in advanced technology in thermal.
• Must be able to interface with manufacturing/tooling fab vendors through written and verbal communication.
• Must be able to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
• Must possess in-depth knowledge of mechanical principles and of product development, including prototyping and high-volume manufacturing.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.