Cisco Test Development Engineer, Python in Shanghai, China
Test Development Engineer, Python
Location: Shanghai, China
Area of Interest Supply Chain
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1226881
Who You'll Work With
Product Operations is the organization that enables and accelerates innovation to create an unrivaled customer experience & competitive advantage for Cisco through end to end Operations leadership and Product Lifecycle Management.
What You'll Do
You will be part of China Product Operations for data center group, who plays a critical role in ensuring speedy new product introduction and high product quality for volume production. Ideal Candidate will take following responsibility:
• Reports to Manager of Product Operations. Receives minimal direction toward daily goals and objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on attainment of overall objectives and success of product metrics.
• Interfaces with MFG Engineering and Design Engineering functions on a regular basis regarding technical issues, testability, and manufacturability and test strategy. Interacts with Subcontractors regarding test deployment and root causing test failure. Establish overall test platform strategy. Solve Test and DFM issues and provides feedback to NPI groups.
• Develop solutions to critical and long-term test engineering problems of a complex nature, which may require cross-functional/cross organizational issue resolution. Act independently to make decisions that impact corporate revenue and customer satisfaction.
• Lead cross-functional teams. Interact with leaders of other business functions. Initiates and drives test engineering solutions.
• Provide test coverage feedback to Design Engineers. Review Diagnostic test coverage with DE, and develops Test and diagnostic programs.
• Design, procure and build test fixtures and equipment for production test use.
• Responds to production test problems by working with Production TE's, affected suppliers and Design Engineering as required.
• Provides documentation on specific capital equipment required by production testing.
Who You Are
• Interpersonal and team skills. Strong presentation skills for cross functional communications.
• Conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making and meeting deadlines. Ideal candidate should have experience in taking leading role in global team. Self-motivated, willing to manage day-to-day tasks with minimal direct supervision.
• Fluent in Mandarin and English.
• Experienced with NPI and related processes.
• Experienced with router and LAN switching technology, and related test tools and methodology.
• Experienced with scripting languages, Python knowledge/experience is required.
• Familiar with test automation platform.
• Experienced in program management a plus.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.