Cisco 1235584 Industry Director - Energy & Transportation in Southfield, Michigan
1235584 Industry Director - Energy & Transportation
Location: Southfield, Michigan, US
Additional Location(s) anywhere US
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Job Id 1235584
Industry Director Sales
What You'll Do
This Director will be expected to strategically drive Cisco's end-to-end vision and point-of-view for our Energy and Transportation industries, as well as maintain an in-depth understanding of our global customers, competitive conditions, industry practices, market opportunities, customer requirements, and Cisco technology relative to those industries. The Director will work closely and cross-collaboratively with Cisco's most senior executives within Sales and Marketing, Global and Regional Partner Organizations, Services, Technology Business Units, and Cisco's Executive team. Inclusive of its global responsibilities, this is the one of the largest, most visible, and complex roles within Cisco's Global Sales and Marketing Organization. This key leadership role will continue the development of our global sales delivery model through the capability development and enablement of our highly talented and motivated sales organization. Setting a vision, effecting results in a matrixed management environment, and building strategic business decision-making capability to the next level will be a major factor for success in this position.
Who You'll Work With
The candidate will be expected to motivate, enable, inspire, and continually develop his/her teams, the broader global sales force and channel partners while aligning the internal Cisco engine to gain market share outside our customers’ IT buying centers (Lines of Business).
Who You Are
General responsibilities include:
· Setting the global industry strategy and go-to-market for Energy and Transportation industries
· Revenue growth in product and services for the Energy and Transportation industries
· Leadership of cross-functional teams comprising senior sales and technology business units
· Strong subject matter expertise in the Utilities, Oil & Gas and Transportation industries
· The voice of Cisco globally to our customers and the market for Energy and Transportation
· Driving thought leadership and Cisco preference with our customers
The ideal candidate will have/must be:
• 10+ years’ experience in some combination of the Utilities, Oil & Gas and Transportation industries with a demonstrated record of driving business value through technology
• 5-10 years senior management experience, ideal candidate should possess both sales leadership and cross functional/general management experience
• 8+ years in management roles selling solutions to senior executives at named accounts to both IT and Lines of Business buyer centers
• Demonstrated track record managing significant revenue responsibility and/or profit/loss center and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
• Business Development and strategy experience required
• Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally
• Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals
• Strong executive presence, polish, and political savvy
• Strong leadership skills in coaching, enabling and developing a sales organization
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead change in a matrix-managed team culture
• Must have strong relationship building abilities and be a team-player
• Demonstrated track record of simplifying processes and/or technology solutions to translate into sellable motions
• Strong leadership abilities in teaching and enabling a sales organization on how to take complex technology and sell it in a more simplified, holistic way – based on customer/industry requirements
Personal Characteristics: The ideal candidate will have a reputation and track record of success as an exemplary business or sales leader with the ability to drive culture change. Bright, dynamic, and possessing the leadership qualities necessary to set a vision for leading at Cisco. The successful candidate will have the engaging personality to inspire and create excitement with the global sales teams, as well as across the entire organization and in the industry. The successful candidate will also be strategic and innovative with an external awareness to understand the nuances of selling complex data network products as well as other new products as Cisco expands its market by translating the value of the technology to business outcomes. Utilizing a consultative style, s/he is experienced in teaching and developing their teams to identify and define client needs and develop innovative customer outcomes.
The successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial, risk-taking flair and will possess a brand of confidence, which allows for delegation and empowers his/her team. The candidate must be able to balance both short term goals with a longer term vision for how they will continue to grow the Energy and Transportation industries and deliver the Cisco value proposition over the next several years. They should have innovative tools for creating a learning culture within the global sales organization and have proven teaming skills with peers to continue to evolve the best operating practices at Cisco. They must possess the highest level of integrity, and be able to inspire trust and confidence in our employees, partners and customers.
Finally, this executive must have a level of business maturity, flexibility to change and the instincts to adapt to a high-energy, dynamic environment characterized by high growth expectations and a collaborative culture.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.