Cisco Agile Software Engineer in Staines, United Kingdom
Agile Software Engineer
Location: Staines, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video
Job Id 1232579
The Business Entity
The Cisco SPVSS Custom Engineering Group develops end-to-end video broadcast systems for Pay TV operators in Europe and the rest of the world. This includes development and integration of Set Top Box (STB) client device software, Broadcast Headend systems and Apps for Companion Devices, for satellite, cable and IP broadcasters, for deployment in medium to large scale broadcast networks. Typical customers have deployed networks of up to 10M receivers across mixed hardware platforms, various delivery media and a combination of both legacy and cutting edge client device platforms.
This role will is within the Custom Engineering Team, working on Agile engagements with the customer to identify future business needs, and defining and implementing innovative, class-leading software solutions.
The Custom Engineering team work collaboratively with leading satellite broadcasters to develop cutting edge software solutions that include the client device (STB) software stack, the Headend software systems and Apps for 3 rd -party Companion Devices. XXX
The Custom Engineering team is leading the way with the adoption of agile development techniques, scaled to work efficiently across multiple teams. The successful applicant will therefore need to be adaptable and comfortable in a close, collaborative working environment.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for engineers with significant development and integration experience who are capable of performing well within an innovative scaled Agile customer-aligned project to join our team, who will:
● Look for innovative approaches to solving new and existing customer problems.
● Design software to meet customer and internal requirements, defining interfaces to other software services.
● Take responsibility for delivery of User Stories and Features using Agile planning and tracking techniques.
● Contribute to the efficient running of the Scrum team, fully engaging in all Scrum practices and supporting the Scrum Master.
● Contribute to product roadmaps, working with the Product Owner and Product Manager.
● Liaise with other Scrum teams, Product Owner, Product Manager and Systems Architects as appropriate.
● Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering or related subject.
● Excellent knowledge of applying C/C++ in a multitasking embedded environment.
● Use of simulators, compilers and debuggers.
● Real Time Operating Systems.
● Software architecture and design.
● CM systems, especially GIT.
● STB and broadcast headend systems.
● MPEG, DVB, XSI, DSS Digital TV standards.
● Web technologies – HTML5/JS, HTTP REST APIs.
● Scaled Agile / Scrum experience.
● Database technologies, both SQL and noSQL.
● Service Oriented Architectures.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.