Cisco Sky Europe Broadcast Support Engineer in Staines, United Kingdom
Sky Europe Broadcast Support Engineer
Location: Staines, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1234426
The Sky Europe Operations Group is a customer centric group of broadcast application support specialists, working on the front line alongside Cisco’s leading broadcast customers. As part of this group, a Sky Europe Support Engineer is responsible for providing third line broadcast application support for all Cisco headed solutions installed at the customer sites. The group investigate platform incidents and problems from an end-to-end perspective, to identify where the source of issue resides. The initial focus is on returning platform service, then the root cause analysis to the component and environmental level, and if required to then obtain a suitable software fix. The position is based at Sky UK in Osterley, but also requires travel nationally, and internationally.
· Proprietary application support at a major customer site.
· Rapid response to platform incidents, ensuring the customer is always kept up to date with the progress of any investigation, and providing a detailed resolution report including any further actions required.
· Feedback detailed analysis of any software defects to the development team, including project management where required.
· Proficient and timely installations of Cisco headend components for both production and lab customer systems.
· Participate in new system deployments, and take on new solution responsibility, as well as sharing the knowledge within the group.
· Work within an on-call rota to provide 24/7 support escalation for high priority incidents (1 week in 4). Also work within a shifts rota to cover onsite support hours 07:00-19:00 Monday-Friday (shifts being 07:00-15:00 or 11:00-19:00, 1 week in 4).
A successful candidate will need to be a highly motivated, quick to learn, experienced support engineer, with a strong focus on customer service. Skills should incorporate the following:
· Digital Broadcast/SI Metadata/CA/DRM software solutions experience
· Solid end-to-end troubleshooting abilities
· Good Linux OS knowledge & capabilities
· Proficient in SQL & relational databases
· Unix Shell or Python scripting abilities
· Firm understanding of application interaction in IP environments
· Excellent customer service skills
· Self-motivated and self-sufficient
· Ability to work effectively within a team, and share knowledge across the group
· Ability to communicate effectively at technical and managerial level
· Ability to flourish in a high pressure, fast moving customer facing environment
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.